You should be fully up to speed with developing slick, high-performance, compatible apps.
We’re a small company, so we’re light on process and naturally agile; however, we absolutely understand and value the importance of having a rock-solid, well-written code-base; so you’ll come pre-installed with lots of good ideas!
You should be able to work independently and as part of the dev team to both maintain existing projects and develop new exciting products and services. You’ll be guiding the implementation, so you should be abreast of new technologies / best practices.
You should have excellent communication skills; don’t worry, there’s no requirement to give a TED talk – but you should be happy to effectively discuss technical concepts with the team.
The User Interface is the frontage to all our products and services; so we’re looking for someone with a keen eye for detail and strong skills designing smart, consistent and intuitive interfaces.
Who are we?
We’re Rock 7, part of a wider group of companies including Wireless Innovation and Ground Control (based in Calilfornia). We design and manufacture satellite tracking products and services. Our satellite IoT, M2M and critical communications technology make the planet a better safer place.
Our products are truly global and provide tracking & communications capabilities to: governments, oceanic yacht races, journalists in war zones, elephants, drones, cubesats, icebergs and oil-wells (and everything in between).
Behind our excellent hardware sits our core management platform, which handles all of our data processing, visualisation, billing and reporting functions.
We also support our sister-company (YB Tracking) to deliver an award-winning online race viewer for tracking events (yachting, car rallies, extreme adventures) across three platforms (web, Android and iOS) – see: https://yb.tl/c6002018
- We work on truly unique projects and technology
- Open minded, international team; constantly striving to make the wheel rounder.
- Bright, open plan office, standing desks.
- Healthy hardware budgets
- Exquisite coffee
- Opportunity to work flexibly & remotely*
- Competitive salary
(*our development team mostly work remotely. We do like to get everyone together for a day or two every couple of weeks, so you’ll need to be able to travel to PO15.)
- Autonomous, self-motivated
- Passion for learning/discovering new technology
- Ability to focus on the details; whilst considering the bigger picture
- Articulate communicator, with succinct verbal capabilities
- Excellent problem solving “can-do” attitude
- Sense of humour
- 3+ Years front-end experience at small/medium sized company
- Excellent computer science principles (Software, Internet, Networking)
- Solid grasp of OOP, software architecture, design best practices/patterns
- Ability to independently: design, develop, test and maintain webapps
- Superb debugging and problem solving skills
- Effective source control usage (Git, GitHub)
- Any App development experience (iOS and/or Android) a bonus
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
Company: 07973 670527
Company Location: Whiteley