Lead Engineer Innovation Lab AFC Band 8d Job at NHSX in Leeds
NHSX is leading the largest digital health and social care transformation programme in the world. With investment of more than £1 billion pounds a year nationally and a significant additional spend locally, NHSX has been created to give staff and citizens the technology they need. NHSX will deliver the Health Secretary’s Tech Vision, building on the NHS Long Term Plan. We will speed up the digital transformation of the NHS and social care.
The Office of the Chief Technology Officer, created under NHSX is leading the technology strategy for the NHS. The team is responsible for a wide range of programmes with the overall aim of improving health and social care services for patients, clinicians and staff. The team will deliver a world-class technology strategy that will transform healthcare systems and services nationally, giving clinicians and staff more time with patients and empowering the patients themselves to take greater control of their healthcare. This role is part of the Innovation Lab team, whose purpose is to: – Deliver proof of concepts using disruptive technology and rapid innovation techniques to create new healthcare opportunities, digital pathways that accelerate the long-term plan and deliver meaningful value to patients quicker.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills & experience:
- Cloud experience and deep expertise in at least one coding language;
- Developing or delivering a strategy and benefits case for new technology adoption;
- Experience of working with the open source community;
- Developing, recommending or implementing major transformation over a set of interconnected teams or organisations;
- An understanding of existing policy, thinking, and benefits of open source licensing models and definitions;
- Experience of presenting complex technical information to mixed audiences;
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate and lead a multi-disciplinary, virtual team;
- Masters degree level knowledge of your field, through formal study and/or demonstrable relevant experience.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes/behaviours:
- The ability to build excellent collaborative networks;
- High level analytical skills and the ability to draw qualitative and quantitative data from a wide range of sources and
present in a clear concise manner;
- Able to analyse and assess numerical and written data and draw appropriate conclusions;
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of expertise in providing senior leadership and to make decisions autonomously;
- Able to provide and receive, convey and present highly complex, sensitive and/or contentious information to large groups, responding openly to questions to ensure full understanding and engagement.
To apply for this post please submit your CV and supporting statement (maximum 750 words) outlining why you consider yourself suitable for the role and how you have met the key criteria.
Application deadline: 06/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £75,914.00-£87,754.00 per year
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Engineering Technology: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company Location: Leeds