Lead Data Integration Developer Job at YOUR TALENT SOLUTIONS LTD in Home Based
Lead Data Integration Developer
Transform the project, sector and workplace, based from home and eventually Cheltenham, salary up to £50k with a market leading pension.
About the Company
Our client is at the forefront of data collection in the UK, in terms of prestige it’s hard to think of a better organisation to work within if data is your career. More than that, they have been working remotely and flexibly for years, so during these challenging times projects continue. Your opportunity is to join the team as a Lead Data Integration Developer, within an organisation where data is at the heart of everything they do.
About the Role
As the new Lead Data Integration Developer, you will work within their data and innovation teams, leading the development of new – and maintenance of existing – data integration activities that are automated, reliable and secure. Your role will be an integral part of the team responsible for data and innovation, whilst striving for continuous improvement. You will support the acquisition and availability of highest quality data.
As the Lead Data Integration Developer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading development of processes and workflows that provide efficient data manipulation/integration between systems/databases
- Responsible for co-creating policies and plans for third-party data use
- Using knowledge of ETL techniques to prepare data for use within a range of outputs to support onward uses including Open Data
- Creating robust and repeatable workflows to ensure effective and efficient future maintenance of outputs.
- Identifying, defining, prioritising and implementing new data integration practices to solve issues and increase efficiencies across the Data and Innovation group and the wider agency.
- Formal line management responsibilities for members of the data integration team to include responsibility for training, mentoring, performance management and development
- Manipulating and quality assuring appropriate and complex data
- Conducting quality assurance testing of data outputs, datasets, and other supporting information.
You will have the following experience:
- Experience of developing ETL and data manipulation processes using suitable tools i.e. Alteryx, SSIS etc
- Experience of analytics software such as Power BI, SSAS etc
- Strong technical and development skills with Industry leading tools and approaches.
- Experience of manipulating/analysing data from large databases.
- Attention to detail and high level of numeracy.
- Solutions oriented individual with the ability to think outside the box.
- A self-motivated and independent worker able to solve issues and problems for themselves.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite with strong Excel skills.
The following experience is desirable, but not required:
- Existing knowledge of Open Data principles and processes.
- Existing knowledge of Google sheets, tables and charts.
- Experience in people management.
This position will suit an ambitious individual looking to oversee high-profile projects in order to add to their portfolio and progress their career. You will of course be working individually, but you will also be a part of a highly collaborative team that often come together to solve problems collectively. So, you will be confident in both oral and written communication as you will be liaising with both colleagues and external contacts on an operational level.
- Market leading pension scheme
- 25 days holiday rising to 33
- Up to 12 TOIL days per year
- Flexible & remote working
- Colleague recognition scheme
- Wedding / first child gifts
To apply simply send your CV and we will review and make contact with you immediately. Your Talent Solutions is a recruitment company that specialises in projects and programmes.
Reference ID: PM0017
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £49,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
Company: YOUR TALENT SOLUTIONS LTD
Company Location: Home Based