Kennel Assistant Job at RSPCA in Woodbridge
Please Submit a CV and covering letter at time of application.
To work alongside the Kennel Supervisor/Behaviour Officer providing positive methods of practical canine training for the dogs in our care.
Providing daily care for all dogs in the kennel areas, establishing good customer relations and maintaining administration procedures.
– Carrying out daily cleaning, feeding, exercising, grooming, laundry, and handling of the dogs and attending offsite vet visits.
– Administering medications and carrying out health checks.
– Carrying out positive methods of practical canine training.
– Implementing behaviour programmes.
– Communicating with adopters and members of public about the dog’s behaviour and rehoming requirements, by means of face to face consultations at the rehoming centre or via the telephone.
– Completing all necessary paperwork for the dogs, including behaviour/observational assessments and health check forms.
– Working alongside all staff, volunteers and our vet from Ryder Davis Veterinary practice.
– Ensuring building and storage units are secure.
– Operating the cash register and safe receipt of money.
– Ordering necessary equipment for the kennels when stock is low (e.g. food, meds and walking equipment)
– Adhering to RSPCA and Branch Health and Safety policy and procedures
– Keeping all work areas clean, tidy and hygienic for others.
– Undertaking other duties as required by the Animal Centre Manager and Kennel Supervisor/Behaviour Officer.
This job description is a statement of the job content required as of November 2020. It should not be seen as precluding future changes.
Essential *Please do not apply if you do not meet the below Essential Criteria*
– Good general standard of education including at least 3 GCSE’s grade A-C
– Animal Care qualification
– Good understanding of positive dog training/behaviour through education or hands on experience
– Sound literacy and numeracy skills
– Good communication skills and customer care skills
– Team player
– Full driving licence
– Experience of domestic animal care and husbandry from working in the animal care/welfare industry
– Experience of working with the public
– Dog training or Canine behaviour qualification
– Experience of working in a canine training environment
– Experience with working in a kennel environment/training setting to carry out behaviour work/assessments
Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
We reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the stated closing date.
Application deadline: 12/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Kennel, dog training and/or behaviour: 1 year (Required)
Company Location: Woodbridge