Junior Development Engineer Job at VADO – in Cheddar
Junior Development Engineer
The purpose of the role is to lead/assist the mechanical and aesthetic design, development, prototype test and approval of mass production of selected new products, product improvement assignments and product resource projects from the initial brief to their launch.
The role does require a wider involvement throughout the product development process meaning an essential element of the role will be to research and understand industry standards and regulations and perform market & engineering research to appreciate and introduce innovative product development.
Specific job role responsibilities:
- Mechanical, and aesthetic design of products using Solidworks, applying DFMA requirements while maintaining technical compatibility to develop concepts into physical product.
- Carrying out FMEA studies on designs and prototypes
- Testing and analysis of prototype samples and current products in compliance with all relevant British and European Standards
- Completion of test documentation; including compliance reports; test logs and New Product Development test summaries.
- Produce Pre-Production Approval Process (PPAP) documents, to inform the Quality Control (QC) inspection team of the new product specifications and assisting with first batch QC.
- Input into product development projects throughout their stages; aiding in solving problems that arise
- Collaborate with other members of the wider team to facilitate product launch material where appropriate
- Aid the technical creation of installation and maintenance instructions
- Investigate potential product improvements and manage them through to successful completion
- Liaise with other departments throughout the projects
- Research into relevant standards and legislation that affect product design and specifications
- Consider new components, materials and technologies to evaluate functionality for product improvements and NPD
- Undertake any other ad-hoc projects as required
Job Type: Full-time
- Additional leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: VADO –
Company Location: Cheddar