IT Apprentice Job at QA Apprenticeships in East Riding of Yorkshire
Trenton Business Systems are looking for a highly motivated and career-driven individual who has a burning passion for all things IT. Joining a busy IT department, the chosen candidate will have exposure to a wide range of Infrastructure tasks with the main purpose of the role is to assist with processing and prioritising IT support and change requests.
The Apprentice IT Analyst will have the opportunity to work within the following areas: IT strategy, business networks, business servers, business workstations, information security, disaster recovery, business continuity, cloud computing, mobile devices and CCTV. Under the guidance of the Group IT Manager, the Apprentice IT Analyst will provide specialist IT support to Trenton (Hull) Limited and East Riding Sacks Limited. Whilst employed by Trenton Business Systems, the Apprentice IT Analyst will undertake the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship through QA Apprenticeships, which will provide them with all the knowledge required to be successful within this role.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Answering and handling inbound telephone calls and emails to our service.
- Providing first-line support to staff for hardware, software, and telephone equipment.
- Assist with the setting up of computers, computer-linked equipment, and computer-related equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of computers, computer-linked equipment, and computer-related equipment.
- Installing and configuring software applications.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques.
- Helping to produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, checklists, and other documentation, as necessary.
- Assisting with the upkeep of the IT asset register/inventory.
- Maintaining satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computer rooms and equipment.
- Being aware of, and abiding by, Trenton (Hull) Limited and East Riding Sacks Limited Health and Safety procedures and associated policies.
- Proactively implementing Trenton (Hull) Limited and East Riding Sacks Limited policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by the Group IT Manager.
The list is typical of the level of duties that the post holder is expected to perform or be responsible for. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar type and level may be expected from time to time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with staff, suppliers, and external agencies.
- Passion for IT.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Logical and methodical.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- A solution focussed individual with a natural problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Working as part of a team with the ability to work on your own initiative, as necessary.
Please note: You must hold a full clean UK Driving Licence and have use of your own vehicle.
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday
Salary: £8,944 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Company: QA Apprenticeships
Company Location: East Riding of Yorkshire