Inventory Controller Job at Edwards Vacuum, LLC in Chelmsford, Essex
Job Title: Inventory Controller
Location: Chelmsford, MA
Manager’s Title: Logistics Manager
The mission is to lead inventory management within the CTI / Polycold Product Companies, optimising use of inventory, improving inventory accuracy and reporting and reducing risk. The primary purpose is to manage the cycle counting process and report on inventory accuracy within the CTI / Polycold Product Company. The Inventory Controller will act as the focal point for inventory data within the Product Company and will expand to include consolidation of reporting from the other CTI / Polycold Product Companies within the scope.
An initial critical task for this role will be to act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Logistics function within CTI for the SAP transition at the Chelmsford site.
- The role will primarily be to lead the monthly cycle count process at Chelmsford Product Company and to manage and justify any inventory adjustments resulting from the process.
- Secondary role will be to manage the global PI Count cycle in conjunction with Product Company Finance team.
- The role will work a 40-hour week recognizing there may also be the requirement to work additional hours during busy periods and a flexible attitude to working hours is key.
- The role may be required to undertake other ad-hoc duties as directed by the Logistics or Operations team from time to time as required.
- The role will have the ability to plan and prioritize work activities to ensure that the needs of internal and external customers are met.
- Proactively manage operational safety and quality, ensuring workplace safety and safe working practices are core behaviours within the team.
- Develop and report operational KPI’s on inventory and cycle count accuracy.
- Manage inventory accuracy and identify opportunities to optimize inventory.
- Actively particiapte in the E&O reporting process.
- Partner and develop proactive relationships with internal customers
- Key Performance Indicators are (to be developed):
- Inventory accuracy
- Monthly adjustments
- Associates degree is required
- 3 years of professional work experience in logistics, transport or warehouse operations, preferably with some experience of import/export operations and international trade.
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business and management principles.
- Must demonstrate a strong compliance mindset and can work collaboratively and cross functionally in team settings.
- Strong team player, enthusiastic, helpful and friendly personality, pleasant communication manner, able to build effective working relationships.
- Skilled in utilizing Office 365 particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Working knowledge of logistics and inventory management systems
- Ability to manage, coach and provide or facilitate training for team members.
- Flexible approach, able to cope with a constantly changing environment & priorities.
- Able to work under pressure and handle variable workloads.
- Good communicator with the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Show a concern for order by being personally well organized.
This role sits within Edwards Vacuum, the CTIP Product company in Chelmsford which is part of the newly formed Semi Chamber Solutions Division within Atlas Copco’s Vacuum Technique business area. It provides a complete range of Equipment and value-added services for customers in a range of applications & processes, depending on the market. The customers vary from very large global accounts to small diffuse customers. The division provides products under the Edwards brands.
Edwards is a global leader of vacuum and abatement. We are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life, working in partnership with our customers and continually setting new standards.
With over 100 years of rich heritage, Edwards is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of customers in critical applications around the world. Vacuum is required in diverse sectors, from the generation of power to the production of steel, to the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy physics research. Everywhere you find vacuum requirements, you will find Edwards leading the way.
From medicines to mobile phones, from computers to coffee beans, to cars and chemicals, we pride ourselves in making a difference to people’s lives. And we do it responsibly, ensuring that we innovate sustainably, whilst helping our customers to maintain their competitive advantage and operational excellence.
Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: ATCO A, ATCO B), a Sweden-based provider of industrial productivity solutions.
Company: Edwards Vacuum, LLC
Company Location: Chelmsford, Essex