Intruder Alarm Service Engineer Job at SGS Systems Limited in Wolverhampton
There’s nothing more important than keeping safe.
SGS Systems Ltd. are specialists in ensuring people they are secure and happy. Founded 30 years ago by Managing Director Simon Gennard, SGS sought out to provide the midlands with high quality security solutions such as bespoke burglar alarms, CCTV systems and much more. After building a well-respected reputation across the West Midlands, SGS grew into the national, multifaceted security specialists they are today.
Today, SGS Systems are a trusted name when it comes to home and commercial security. As well as branching out into more diverse security solutions, SGS has also became affiliated with the Danish international security provider PROTECT as the UK training centre for PROTECT Fog cannon installation and maintenance.
What’s the role?
- SGS are looking for an experienced Service Engineer to join our ever-growing team. With the company developing, we are looking for a skilled engineer to help us maintain our current products and ensure the alarm systems are in prime working order.
- We pride ourselves on our expert knowledge, so we are looking for a candidate who shows high levels of competence in working with/servicing intruder alarm systems.
(A preference will be shown to exceptional candidates with experience with a diversity of different system models.)
- To maintain & repair intruder alarm systems in accordance to the relevant standards and specific system specifications
- Go above and beyond ensuring all work is finished to the required standards/protocol
- A positive, self-motivated and proactive mindset
- Good communication skills, with the ability to encourage, negotiate and empower others to achieve goals and objectives
- Good organisation and time management to ensure jobs are completed on time
- A collaborative attitude and a willingness to work with others
- A professional demeaner due to the high frequency of customer facing work
- Around 2/3 years of experience in security system servicing/maintaining.
- Experience in related field with practical, hands on experience essential
Advantageous (Non-Essential) Experience
- Trade qualifications related to security
- Good Health & Safety Knowledge (ECS CSCS Card, IPAF and Plasma)
- Test Equipment, battery hand tools & uniform provided
- Vehicle provided
- Tablet/Laptop and mobile phone provided as required
- Company credit card
- Vast opportunities to progress and train as a professional
- Frequent opportunities to voice feedback and ensure your happiness within the company
- (For candidates with long commutes) A41 based office with access to multiple major connection routes
Reference ID: Wol-1
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£29,500.00 per year
Company: SGS Systems Limited
Company Location: Wolverhampton