Internal only: Information Advice & Guidance officer (IAG) Job at South Gloucestershire Council in Bristol
Information Advice & Guidance Officer
Salary Band: £23,080 – £24,481(pro-rated to hours worked)
Working Pattern: Permanent/full-time or part-time
Location: Badminton Road, Yate
How you’ll make a difference
You will make a difference in this role assisting in the development and management of an effective information, advice and guidance system for service users and others.
What will you be doing?
- You will help develop and manage the content of the Information, Advice & Guidance systems ensuring the provision of an efficient and effective service. This will ai to achieve channel shift to more initial contacts/enquiries being on-line. Helping people access good quality relevant information will enable more to be signposted to self-serve solutions to meet their needs.
- You’ll deal with service experts to work them on designing and refreshing web content that meets service user expectation. enquiries from all customers (both internal and external) by telephone and through correspondence, ensuring a high quality customer focussed service.
- To provide advice to members of the department in relation to the access and use of the IAG system.
What we need from you.
You will require, a relevant qualification, equivalent to at least NVQ Level 2 (e.g. in Using Information Technology, Social/Health Care, web design or marketing); or recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
You must also be able to demonstrate proven Web editing/publishing skills through the use of FrontPage/ Share Point or similar.
You’ll have relevant and recent experience in using computers in the workplace. this must include extensive use of word processing, spreadsheets and database.
You’ll have good literacy skills, including the ability to collate, edit, quality assure written content, including web content, with a high degree of accuracy and good attention to detail and to the needs of the end audience
A desirable, would be experience of using Information Systems within an education, children’s social care or adult social care setting would be useful.
.How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
- We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance – whatever that means for them.
- We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We’re building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We’re working with the most vulnerable in our community to help them achieve what they want in life
- We’re investing in our schools to ensure every child and young person in South Gloucestershire achieves their full potential.??
We’ve achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
Should you wish to express an interest in this role please complete the expression of interest form (attachment 2) detailing how you meet the criteria for this position, how you feel you can make it a success (submitted on no more than 2 sides) to be returned to [email protected] by end of day midnight on the 25/10/20
Interviews expected 27th or 28th October.
Full details in job summary is attached.
For further information please contact Abigail Johnson, Customer Information Manager ([email protected] or 01454 864329)
Company: South Gloucestershire Council
Company Location: Bristol