Internal only: Feedback and Information Governance Officer Job at South Gloucestershire Council in Bristol
Feedback and Information Governance Officer
Salary Band: £25,991 – £28,672 (pro-rated to hours worked)
Working Pattern: Permanent/ Full time & Part time available
Location: Badminton Road, Yate
How you’ll make a difference
You will make a difference in this role assisting in the development and management of an effective departmental complaints procedure as required by relevant legislation with in CAH.
What will you be doing?
- You will develop and manage the systems administration for the Department’s complaints and information request processes, ensuring the provision of an efficient and effective service. This will entail receiving, advising and if necessary responding to requests for information, referring where necessary.
- To deal with enquiries from all customers (both internal and external) by telephone and through correspondence, ensuring a high quality customer focussed service.
- To provide advice to members of the department in relation to the complaints processes, Data Protection and Freedom of Information issues and legislation.
- You’ll be responsible for the production and monitoring of performance management information relating to complaints received and investigated by the department.
What we need from you.
- You’ll have five passes at GCSE Grade A-C or equivalent, including English Language
- Considerable experience of working in a customer-focused environment preferably within a health or social care setting or similar organisation
- Considerable experience of handling complaints and / or requests for information under the DP or FOI Acts
- Confidence in communicating with people, including members of the public and senior managers
- You’ll have excellent IT skills and competence in using databases and spreadsheets
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
- We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance – whatever that means for them.
- We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We’re building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We’re working with the most vulnerable in our community to help them achieve what they want in life
- We’re investing in our schools to ensure every child and young person in South Gloucestershire achieves their full potential.??
We’ve achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
Should you wish to express an interest in this role please complete the expression of interest form (attachment 2) detailing how you meet the criteria for this position, how you feel you can make it a success (submitted on no more than 2 sides) to be returned to [email protected] by end of day midnight on the 25/10/20
Interviews will be on Tuesday 27th October.
Full details in role profile attached.
For further information please contact Rachel Hellen or Karen Shearman , Customer Information and Feedback Manager (01454 865924 or 01454 865924)
Company: South Gloucestershire Council
Company Location: Bristol