Hybrid Control and Integration Engineer Job at AVL – in Coventry
AVL is the world’s largest privately owned and independent company for the development of powertrain systems with internal combustion engines, E-mobility applications as well as instrumentation and test systems.
AVL Powertrain UK Ltd is currently seeking an experienced engineer with a pro-active attitude, self-learner and highly motivated. You will be responsible for developing, validating and signing off the future generation of electrified powertrains for passenger vehicles.
The role requires working with other team members and the customer in order to deliver projects according to the plan. This will include some of the following key activities:
- Support process for hybrid control requirements development
- Engage with suppliers and other stake holders to review hardware and software attributes
- Engagement in quality and robustness activities (i.e. FMEA, fault tree analysis, boundary diagram)
- Develop the software and controls for the electrified powertrain
- Support the development and integration of the Vehicle Electrical and Electronic architectures
- Testing, Validation, Debugging and Troubleshooting of new software and calibration deliveries
- Engineering/Science Degree (or equivalent)
- Automotive engineering knowledge/experience in design, validation and integration for electrified powertrain systems
- Experience of automotive control systems and calibration
- Proficient in office tools (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team
- Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
- Experience in electrified powertrain area
- A working knowledge of vehicle architectures, communication protocols and components
- Experience of developing automotive controls software
- Experience with Vector (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape) and Mathworks tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink) or equivalent
- Project Management
If an offer of employment is made, applicants are required to undergo a DBS check. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and the company reserves the right to withdraw its offer in the event that the applicant has unspent criminal convictions.
Annual Remuneration: Due to UKVI compliance requirements, we are obligated to state the annual gross salary (full-time) for this position. The salary range is between £30,000 to £45,000 and we will offer market-conforming remuneration taking qualifications and professional experience into account.
Job posted on: 04/05/2021
Closing date: 01/06/2021
We look forward to receiving your details for the unique opportunity to join our growing, high-tech, international team.
Company: AVL –
Company Location: Coventry