Housekeeper / Kitchen Assistant (Maynooth) Job at Maynooth Lodge in Maynooth, County Kildare
HOUSEKEEPING JOB PURPOSE: To work as part of the team responsible for the overall cleanliness and hygiene of the Nursing Home. To interact with residents and colleagues in a positive and helpful way at all times.
MUST HAVE a minimum of two years working experience in housekeeping in a work environment.
1. Prioritise workload on a daily basis.
2. Complete and sign off on the cleaning rota (as per daily, weekly, periodical tasks) as advised by the Nurse Manager in line with the Company’s exceptional standards in hygiene and cleanliness
3. Ensure that the following are carried out at appropriate intervals in all areas of the Nursing Home and in line with the Cleaning Rota
- Thorough cleaning of all areas.
- Dusting, vacuuming and washing down of all areas.
- Cleaning of all safely accessible windows.
- Polishing of mirrors, brass plates on doors and furniture (as applicable).
- Dusting of all ledges, pictures, high areas and skirting boards.
- Shampooing of carpets.
- Cleaning of curtains, chairs and all furniture.
- Emptying / cleaning of waste bins
- Cleaning bathroom areas including moping shower and tiled areas
- Restocking of toiletries, soaps, towels etc.
KITCHEN ASSISTANT JOB PURPOSE: To assist in organizing and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
1. Assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals.
2. Participate in Staff meetings as required.
3. Wash up after meals. Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively.
4. Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
SKILLS,KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (H.A.C.C.P.)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. English language ability must be such that the staff member is competent to communicate effectively with colleagues and or residents in relation to speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Team player.
- Proof of clearance to work through Garda Vetting Unit.
- Good English.
- 2 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience of food preparation
All applications will be treated with strictest confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Brindley Healthcare requires individuals to provide certain personal data in order to carry out our functions. We will treat all information and personal data that you provide as confidential, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection legislation.
Full details of Brindley Healthcare’s Privacy Statements are available at www.brindleyhealthcare.iey Statements are available at www.brindleyhealthcare.ie
Company: Maynooth Lodge
Company Location: Maynooth, County Kildare