Hotel Receptionist Job at Bellingham Castle – in County Louth
· To greet all guests on arrival, and at all times, in a warm, welcoming and friendly manner
· To carry out our customer relations policy as outlined (displayed in back office)
· To communicate our services and facilities to guests as required commencing with information at check in e.g. bar & restaurant location, courtyard location etc. And throughout their stay concerning other facilities of the hotel e.g. Leisure activities
· To check guest in/out of bedrooms using room master, balance tills, shift, fill out relevant cash sheets, complete daily business sheets, dinner sheets and communicate any changes with relevant staff members.
· Administrative duties to include type up of menus, table plans, wine lists and any other admin that may be required through the course of the day.
· Manage switch board, answering call on or before the third ring, in a polite & courteous manner and transfer call accordingly or take messages recording all important details in the handover diary.
· Communicate with reception and reservations team giving a full and complete handover of any important information at the end of each shift.
· To deal with any customer complaint in a professional manner and notify management of these
· To ensure that the guests needs and requirements are met, without always having to be specifically asked by the guest i.e. anticipation and forward thinking make for the best possible service
· To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming
· To wear the relevant uniform as directed by management at all times
· To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and other persons on the premises.
· To carry out fire drills
· To observe all safety procedures and rules
· To take reservations as necessary and ensure that all charges are correctly posted to bills
· To answer the switchboard in a warm and friendly manner and to take messages as required, be as informative as possible. If the guest request cannot be met, always offer alternatives, e.g. any other date etc.
· To become familiar with all other procedures for reception which the property requires
· To report and where possible take action on incidents of accidents or damage
· To attend all training courses and meetings as notified to you by management
· To carry out any other duties notified to you by management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Membership of Failte Ireland Safety Charter
- hotel reception: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 23/05/2022
Reference ID: RecBell#May 2022
Expected start date: 16/05/2022
Company: Bellingham Castle –
Company Location: County Louth