Hospital Director Job at Priory Healthcare – in Dorking
Priory Hospital Dorking, South Terrace, Harrowlands Park, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 2RA
Priory Group Division
Permanent – Full Time
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
The Priory Dorking is a 21 bed rehabilitation and recovery service for women with complex mental health needs.
Our comprehensive multi-disciplinary team pride our selves on our ability to work both with enduring mental illness but also those who struggle with regulating emotions, acts of impulsivity and managing relationships.
The hospital is set in picturesque grounds overlooking the Surrey Hills and has extensive facilities including onsite Gym, Purpose Built OT Kitchen aswell as Occupational Facilities.
As a member of the team at Dorking you will be encouraged to let your creative side flow, positively contributing to the sites success. You will also have free access to the onsite gym facilities.
The Hospital Director will have accountability for the financial and operational performance of the hospital. This includes setting the standard by leading the Hospital Senior Management Team (SMT) and taking ownership for cost control, budgeting, and ensuring regulatory requirements are satisfied. The Hospital Director will also be the Registered Manager; responsible for the delivery of day-to-day services in line with legal requirements.
- Accountable to ensure the service performs to agreed targets for business planning, financial performance (meeting both planned revenue and EBITDA) and quality and care standards.
- To proactively use management information to effectively identify areas of underperformance and to put action plans in place to deliver improvements to the required standard using performance management interventions where appropriate.
- Take an active role in the budget setting process.
- Lead and develop a culture where the very highest standards of safety, quality and excellent patient care are consistently delivered and lead improvements and innovation in the delivery of services.
- Consistently consider continuous improvement strategies whilst ensuring services are delivered efficiently and within budget.
- Review any audit or inspection reports and recommendations ensuring compliance with all statutory regulatory bodies and company policies and procedures, responding to and acting upon any recommendations from CQC as well as complaints from residents concerning safeguarding.
- Develops and maintains strategic external relationships with support from the business development team.
- Establishes and directs a recruitment and retention plan designed to meet future staffing needs and to drive down staff turnover.
- Responsibility for ensuring that there is a robust succession plan in place for Hospital SMT.
- Work closely with all regional support functions including Quality, Finance, Business Development and HR
- To ensure adherence to Priory Group Health & Safety protocols and carries out own responsibilities as identified in Appendix 1 of this
Company: Priory Healthcare –
Company Location: Dorking