Home Care Assistant full or part time Job at Eden Country Care in Carlisle
CARING for older people within their own homes is a special, rewarding, life changing job that you can do with or without care experience/qualifications and earn from £9.30 – £9.89 per hour + £9.30-£9.89 per hour travel time between clients (we’re proud to be one of the VERY few home care companies paying travel time between clients) + 25p per mile fuel payment for travel between clients + handy weekly pay + safe, permanent contracted hours + a very secure, long term, full or part time career in social care + choice of 8 area teams to join (Carlisle and Brampton, Penrith and Shap, Alston, Keswick, Appleby, Kirkby Stephen) + supportive, established, and very successful, family owned and run home care company + annual foreign holiday prize draw for our fabulous carers + excellent CQC ratings Outstanding and Good + great promotion and training opportunities for those seeking progression + long service bonus and extra holiday rewards + leaders and managers who are supportive, responsive, great listeners and part of your team. We offer enjoyable training so that candidates like you, with the right personality, can enjoy rewarding and fulfilling working lives caring for and supporting wonderful more mature ladies and gentlemen to remain at home, living where they want to live.
As a home carer with Eden Country Care, the reward and pride you feel daily, providing care and support to wonderful older ladies and gentleman, (that enables them to remain living safely within the comfort and familiar surroundings of their very own homes) can give you job satisfaction and fulfillment like you have never experienced before. For us it’s about you, your personality and nature – this is what makes our home carers special. Answer yes to our personality questions below and we want you to apply.
Eden Country Care’s recruitment process is different. We interview you first, in a very friendly relaxed interview. We get to know you, you get to know us. Why do we interview you first? Because we feel that we can train people to carry out the tasks needed to be an Eden Country Care home carer, but nobody can train you to have the right personality with the right values and attitudes. So we need to talk to you first, then we’ll confirm if we would like you to apply. If we send you our application form, it’s a great sign and we want you to go further. Read on and decide if this is you…..
CHECK BELOW – DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PERSONALITY, VALUES AND PERSONALITY TO JOIN US? IF YOU DO PLEASE APPLY:
Answer yes to these questions and we will offer you an interview.
- Do you appreciate, value and respect older individuals in your life and local communities and do you enjoy their company?
- Can you work every other weekend willingly and reliably?
- Are you looking for a new job that is truly rewarding, something that makes a real difference to your life and the lives of the mostly older ladies and gentlemen you’ll support?
- Will you be a kind, caring, compassionate and a patient carer – not only with the wonderful people you support, but also with your team members and your colleagues in work?
- Are you self aware and understand the impact of what you say, what you do and how you say and do things?
- Are you a very reliable and responsible person in work? Are you someone who is not late for the start of your shift and only ever off work when there is a very genuine reason to be?
- Would people who work with you say you’re a good worker, a hard worker, someone who can be trusted to do a good job?
- Are you able and willing to learn how we provide varied home care tasks and health care tasks that will include nudity, moving and handling, personal hygiene, dressing, laundry, medication support, reporting and recording the wellbeing of your clients plus making very simple meals and snacks, carrying out shopping, chatting, cleaning, laundry etc.
- Can you chat to all sorts of different people from differing backgrounds and put them at ease. Would you be able to come across in the right manner to different personalities i.e. quieter, tender and slower for more timid individuals, cheerful and outgoing for others, a mix of both for most?
- Can you communicate in writing e.g. use a diary or fill in simple forms and concentrate on what you are writing?
- Are you a good listener and able to place others at the centre of a conversation? Do you know when to listen and not take over a conversations and talk over people if they talk slow or quiet? Can you contribute to conversations about varied and different things that clients are interested in?
- Do you think you could encourage older people to do what they can for themselves, rather than take away their independence by taking over tasks to save time.
- Could you maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times when working in a team and with a range of clients who like to chat? Will you respect your clients and colleague’s privacy and dignity and always be able to avoid gossip about your care work role, in and out of work with clients, carers and outside people?
- Do you have domestic common sense and high standards? Do you notice things that need doing? Do you naturally put things away, clean what needs cleaned, empty what needs emptied, change what needs changed and leave things as your clients would want them (and the way you would want them if our clients were your grandparents or mum and dad).
- Do you enjoy driving? Can you drive in the daylight, the dark and in varied weather conditions?
- Are you a friendly, positive person, a glass half full rather than a glass half empty personality especially when you are at work?
- Are you a completely trustworthy and very honest person?
SHIFT OPTIONS: Discuss your shifts at interview with us.
Weekends – weekend only shifts up to 20+ hours in 2 days
Late Shift – Afternoon into Evenings3/3.30pm – 11pm or 5/6pm – 11pm
Part-time – mixture of late shifts only OR early and late shifts
Full-time – mixture of early and late shifts and split shifts
Set Shifts –popular with candidates who are looking to fit their work life around specific days/times because of child care or partners work etc
Condensed hours – work big days but less days per week e.g 3 days 30+hrs
Night Shifts in Keswick or Kirkby Stephen – information available on request
Answer YES to all the above questions and we want to interview you. You could be working with us as a home care assistant soon. Please send Sandy, our very friendly home care interviewer your Indeed CV or cover letter and she’ll organise your interview date and time. Our interviews are relaxed and informal so please don’t worry.
Eden Country Care Telephone, text or WhatsApp Sandy 07803 574092 from 8.00am – 5.30pm M-F (standard mobile rates). Email address on request. Sandy will then arrange your interview.
Thank you for reading our advert and ‘Good Luck’!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £9.30-£9.89 per hour
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Drivers licence and car required (Required)
Company: Eden Country Care
Company Location: Carlisle