Higher Level Teaching Assistant Job at Victoria School – in Birmingham
Job Start Date: 01 September 2021
The Federation of Cherry Oak School and Victoria School, with Victoria College
Victoria School is a Maintained Special Day School for children aged 2-19 with a range of special needs including physical disabilities, complex health care needs, deaf-blindness and learning difficulties including profound and multiple learning difficulties. We are seeking to appoint an EHCP Coordinator who has a proven track record of child-centred planning. The successful post-holder will be required to meet the statutory and procedural requirements of the EHCP Annual Review
process, ensuring that all timelines are met, and that planning is soundly based on a child-centred approach.
- The post is 36.5 hours per week, for 39 weeks per year
- The post-holder will be based at Victoria School, Bell Hill, Northfield B31 1LD
- The post-holder will be line-managed by the Executive Head Teacher or a delegated member of the SLT
The post-holder is not responsible for the line management of other staff
- Are passionate about upholding the rights of children with SEN and their families, through ensuring appropriate provision of education, health and care supports,
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written,
- Are highly organised with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of people, meet tight deadlines
- Are articulate and confident
- Are familiar with SEN Code of Practice
Then this post could be the right one for you!
- A supportive, warm and welcoming school community
- Inherent rewards from the satisfaction of a job well-done to support children with special needs
- A flexible working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
How to apply
Interviews 14th June 2021
Please log onto Victoria School Website – and download an application pack.
www.victoria.bham.sch.uk Applications are to be returned to: [email protected]
Phone Number: 0121 476 9478
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including:
enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work.
All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Terms and conditions
BCC is a Living Wage employer.
Company: Victoria School –
Company Location: Birmingham