Health Care Assistant Job at Woodfalls Care Home in Salisbury
We are looking for kind and caring people who want to make a difference to the lives of others. Working as part of a highly committed team at Woodfalls Care putting the well being and care of all the service users at the forefront of everything we do.
Purpose of position:
To ensure and help sustain a high standard of care for the residents under the direction of the senior staff and work within rotas created home. To promote the philosophy of the home in ensuring privacy, dignity, independence and choice.
· To assist with maintaining a warm and homely environment where people’s individual needs are met and residents can be independent /have their privacy and dignity respected and is able to have the freedom of expression.
· To ensure physical / emotional and social needs of residents are identified and met.
· To report any concerns ensuring safeguarding of residents
· Assist in the formulation and implementation of residents careplans
· To assist in ensuring the health and welfare of residents and report any concerns. Where risk assessment procedures are in place ensure they implemented. Safe administration of medication when trained to do so.
· Ensure residents have access to call systems at all times. Ensure residents room are left tidy within their own requirements.
· Ensure records are completed in relation to the recording of complaints / accidents and incidents and the reporting to management.
· To ensure resident have an opportunity to be involved in feedback within the home.
· To ensure good methods of communication and good working relationships with residents and their families.
· To ensure correct nutrition is available and assist with serving and delivering meals.
· Assist with residents personal laundry
· To attend planned supervisions with management
· To ensure good methods of communication and working relationships are established through attending staff meetings – supervision etc.
· Assist with the implementation of the correct policies and procedures
· To attend training
· Participate in quality auditing to help development of the home
· To demonstrate a flexible and open attitude to new ideas.
Please note the home is located in the village of Woodfalls which is about 20 minutes from Salisbury and is also on the number 44 bus route.
Job Types: Bank Staff
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.71-£11.00 per hour
Flexible Working Options Available:
Company: Woodfalls Care Home
Company Location: Salisbury