Health and Safety Officer (Night Shift) Job at Ayrton Group – in Dundalk, County Louth
We have an immediate requirement for a Health and Safety Officer in the Pharmaceutical industry.* Please note, this will be a night shift role.*
You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies. The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Conducting regular site audits/inspections to ensure health and safety compliance to Company and Client procedures/rules.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Initiate and organize health and safety training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Reviewing the SWP’s (Safe Work Plans) for the tasks on site.
- Hold a recognised third level qualification or Diploma in Health & Safety.
- 3+ years proven experience as a Health & Safety officer is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of the pharmaceutical industry or similar environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Operating under a site EHS team.
- Ability to work night shift hours without any issues is essential.
- Remuneration will be in line with qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: Ayrton Group –
Company Location: Dundalk, County Louth