Head Teacher Job at LoveLife Recruitment in Effingham
Our client is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
As part of their growth strategy they will be opening a brand new Secondary ASC mixed school in September 2021 in Effingham, Surrey with a proposed capacity of 40 pupils.
The building is currently a shell; so you’ll be expected to play a key role in the design, look and feel of the school to ensure it fulfils its potential of an amazing learning environment with the facilities to allow students to access a varied curriculum in a calm and nurturing environment with a team that strives to give every student the confidence and opportunities to achieve.
Like all Headteacher roles; you will ultimately be accountable for all areas of operational and educational performance within the School, as well as the financial performance and management of education and support staff.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status with further professional qualification in a relevant area. Candidates with Head Teacher qualification (such as NPQH) or a willingness to gain such a qualification preferred.
- Experience of working as a senior leader within an SEN environment
- A clear understanding of Ofsted frameworks and safeguarding legislation in relation to independent schools.
- Quality assurance experience (such as lesson observations and performance management)
- Team management experience.
- Experience of financial planning and control
- Superb communication and stakeholder management skills
Unlike most headteacher roles, not only do you get to design the school you will be leading but you are instrumental in the recruitment of your entire team and the design and implementation of a brand new curriculum. In addition to this you will also receive:
- a competitive salary on the teaching payscale L11-L15
- an employer who value their staff and can offer CPD and support
- group benefits
Reference ID: LLR79
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £52,000.00-£57,986.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Senior SEN Leadership: 1 year (Required)
- Head Teacher qualification (Preferred)
- Qualified Teaching (Required)
Company: LoveLife Recruitment
Company Location: Effingham