Head of Student Services Job at Stanmore College – in Stanmore
HEAD OF STUDENT SERVICES
(Permanent, full time, 36 hours per week, through the year)
We are looking for the Head of Student Services who will be responsible for the support of services for students, pastoral and academic and assist in raising standards of student achievement.
Applicants must have a First degree or qualification at Level 4 or above and evidence of recent and progressive career development and appropriate professional development. A recognised full teaching qualification is desirable.
You must be enthusiastic and highly motivated, have a flexible approach to work and be able to work as a member of team.
Salary Scale: Band M, points 43 – 44, £46,580 – £47,682 per annum
Application form and further details of the post available from the
Stanmore College website: www.stanmore.ac.uk or telephone 020 8420 7840.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 25th June 2021
Interviews will be held on Monday, 12th July 2021
Ensuring the support services for students, pastoral and academic, assist in raising standards of student achievement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. Leading to ensure that the College offers the highest quality of support and fosters a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
2. Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team to introduce effective strategies for the recruitment and to retain the learners and to ensure that learners are successful and achieve their full potential
3. Delivering an active learner voice strategy and representative structures that makes the College an inclusive, learner centred organisation and an effective and engaging learning environment for all College users
4. Developing, monitoring and implementing systems for lesson observation, learning walks and student survey feedback
5. Developing, and monitoring the impact of, an internal professional development programmes for teachers
6. Supporting the strategic development and delivery of outstanding access to resources within the College, including access to the VLE and learning centres that develop student confidence, independence and skills of active learning
7. Line managing the Pastoral Support Manager and through this role developing, maintaining, and leading on ensuring a high-quality tutorial programme for all students, ensuring that induction and tutorial materials help students develop into confident, independent, resilient and ambitious young people
8. Developing and leading the implementation of cross-College initiatives that support outstanding personal development and enrichment, through the Pastoral Support Manager
9. Line managing the Learning Support Manager and supporting the outstanding delivery of high quality learning support services across College, including the strategic development of Learning Support Assistants and Study Coaches
10. Line Managing the Student Finance Officer, Study Coach Team Leader and LRC Team Leader. Ensuring that the College’s support services fit perfectly with the provision of academic and vocational teaching and learning in the classroom
11. Being the College lead on safeguarding, including provision of training for staff, students and governors, and liaising with the Board of Governors, writing an annual report and meeting regularly with the nominated safeguarding governors and overseeing the work of the operational safeguarding team
12. Contributing to sustaining an ethos of teamwork throughout the organisation
13. Working closely with the Vice Principal – Curriculum and Quality in preparing the College for inspection by Ofsted, QAA or any other such inspection body
14. Taking responsibility for health and safety, equality and diversity and data protection within the scope of the post
Application deadline: 25/06/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £46,580.00-£47,682.00 per year
Company: Stanmore College –
Company Location: Stanmore