Head of EMEA Developer Marketing, AWS Job at AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch) – in London
- Solid experience in marketing. Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services preferred.
- Demonstrated success in marketing management, developing marketing strategy, digital marketing, event management, product management, lead management, measuring and improving ROI of marketing investments.
- Experience of operating and collaborating in a fast-paced, cross-functional, matrixed global organisation.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
- Experience in managing time and juggling multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget and on time.
- Proven knowledge of marketing tools preferred, such as SalesForce.com or Tableau.
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in communicating and presenting information across senior stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology, or relevant field of study. MBA preferred.
- Ability to work in a diverse and distributed team
Cloud Computing technology is changing the world. We are looking for individuals who want to help shape this exciting time with us. If you have a passion for developers and marketing, please read on…
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented, self-directed marketing leader to generate awareness and adoption of AWS cloud computing platform and services among developers and other hands on technical audiences. As head of EMEA developer and builders marketing, you will be responsible for developing and managing the overall EMEA marketing strategy and scale plans, adapting global programs to local needs.
You will ensure teams are well-equipped with the channels, content, and investments required to increase customer experience satisfaction while supporting AWS services adoption and growth. This is a strategic and progressive individual contributor role that requires proven capabilities in building successful engagement programs with the right metrics and outcomes, working closely with global and regional marketing, developer relations, and product marketing teams.
To be successful, you will be customer obsessed and have experience working on cross-functional initiatives. You will often need to be a self-starter, with the ability to work in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment with limited guidance. You should be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment, and be comfortable interacting with technical and community-focused teams. Ideally, you have excellent verbal and most importantly, written communication skills.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and how it can be used by technical individuals to build applications and business outcomes, an innate ability to transform complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand materials, and the ability to build and improve scalable mechanisms for managing work. A proven track record of excelling in a data-driven marketing organisation and leading high performing teams is a must.
Do you look around corners for ways to impact technical audiences by leveraging effective marketing strategies? Are you experienced in partnering with multiple teams, being their trusted marketing advisor to drive programs that help win the hearts and minds of builders and developers around the world?
Come build the future with us.
- Own the EMEA outreach marketing strategy for builders (developers and other hands on technical audiences), working closely with multiple business and technical stakeholders to create a great onboarding experience.
- Collaborate with all teams that align with builders and developers, initiating joint GTM for better value and experience for the technical audience.
- Adapt Global marketing programs and content, ensuring the right balance of local campaigns and execution.
- Drive engagement with builders through first and third party in person and online events, like conferences, tradeshows, workshops, hackathons, virtual events, etc.
- Define and create a content strategy on how customers build on AWS through both internal and external blogs/vlogs, podcasts, webinars, mailers, news stories and social channels.
- Partner with the AWS Community team to help activate tech communities to foster healthy relationships with external groups, associations, foundations and influencers.
- Implement programmatic mechanisms to collect feedback and gather data to measure the effectiveness of the programs to constantly iterate and scale.
- Manage marketing spend vs ROI for the new and existing programs.
- Analyse the results, showcase key insights and propose recommendations in monthly and quarterly business reviews to senior leadership to enhance builders and developers adoption journey.
Note: Position available in other European locations.
- Experience in Developer, Cloud or Technical Professional Audience Marketing
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional global organisation.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- The demonstrated ability to work independently, autonomously, and innovate
- Strong attention to detail to meet our high bar for customer-facing content and provide flawless execution
- Knowledge of testing and measurement practices to optimize ROI and evolve strategy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company: AWS EMEA SARL (UK Branch) –
Company Location: London