Graduate Environmental Consultant – Sustainability – Consulting Job at Arup in Solihull
Graduate Environmental Consultant – Sustainability – Consulting
Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship (previously Tier 2) for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
At Arup, we deliver ground-breaking designs through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup’s innovative approach to environmental consulting enables clients to achieve their sustainable business and corporate responsibility aspirations.
Our consultants offer a multidisciplinary service aimed at developing policy, optioneering, assessing impacts, creative design and implementation, supporting stakeholder engagement, gaining regulatory approvals, managing risk and controlling costs.
Are you interested in a career in Environmental?
Right now we’re looking for Graduate Consultants to join our team of bright professionals in our Midlands Office. As our consulting team offers a multidisciplinary service, we are looking for Graduates with diverse skills and interests.
From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification (Chartership) during the first few years of your career with us.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a good level of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You will gain a thorough understanding and experience of the role of an environmental consultant whilst gaining the breadth of experience needed to achieve your professional qualification.
This is a varied role, and your day-to-day responsibilities could include the following:
- Assisting in the design and undertaking of surveys and site investigations
- Data analysis of survey results
- Conducting desk studies, including qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Preparation of clear and concise reports
- Managing delivery and budgets on small scale projects
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- You will contribute towards both statutory and non-statutory impact assessments, technical reports, environmental strategies, corporate reporting and prepare documents for submission within the planning system.
We encourage our Graduate Consultants to demonstrate drive and motivation, a thorough understanding of our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent technical service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, we seek individuals who can work flexibly and respond to the needs of our clients. As such, we are looking for the following general qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Environmental Sciences, Geography, Civil & Environmental Engineering or Environmental Studies (Prediction of 2:1 or higher) or equivalent
- Student or graduate member of IEMA or similar professional body is desirable
- Relevant work experience is desirable
- Good understanding of Sustainability, carbon and climate change
- Enthusiasm for a career in Environmental Consulting, underpinned through a knowledge and deep interest in the built and natural environment
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, with experience of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software and Photoshop would also be an advantage
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and settling-in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Interested in finding out more? Here’s some additional information.
Assessment Centres will take place from December 2020, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a great place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We, therefore, welcome applications from diverse candidates. This includes people with disabilities so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. As a firm with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Reference ID: 2067
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Profit sharing
- Wellness programmes
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Company Location: Solihull