Geophysical Engineer (Shore Based) Job at Gardline Geosurvey Ltd – in Great Yarmouth
The global energy market is changing due to the advancements in technology which is enabling the global ambition of a low carbon future. Here, at Gardline, we are empowering the transforming energy sector, utilising our 50 years of science-based R&D to push technological boundaries. This utilisation ensures we can provide second-to-none marine Geophysical, Geotechnical and Environmental surveys that support sustainable energy production.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Geophysical Engineer to join Gardline, a role based in Great Yarmouth on a permanent basis. Your primary responsibility will be to supporting the Geophysical Engineering department on shore preparing and maintaining equipment for in field operations. In addition, you will be involved in the mobilisation and planning of equipment working with our Project Engineers & commercial departments to deliver unique solutions to meet our clients survey requirements. The Geophysical Engineer is a critical role within Gardline’s Engineering departments to keep our field staff supported operational and as such we are looking for a proactive and passionate engineering professional to have significant impact on the organisations to help drive future success.
What will you do?
· You will be responsible for working within the Geophysical Engineering team coordinating, repairing, maintaining, and packaging geophysical equipment required for upcoming & current projects on a variety of fleet vessels.
· Working alongside the workshop staff and other technical departments staff to ensure equipment is operational and suitable for the project requirements.
· Assist with monitoring and control of equipment performance at all stages in the project lifecycle.
· Provide local and remote troubleshooting and technical support for in field operations.
· Attend vessel mobilisations to support and coordinate complex mobilisations, this may include sailing with the vessel.
· Comply with and promote company QA and HSE procedures.
You will be a proactive and ambitious individual who has excellent knowledge of Geophysical & seismic survey equipment and the acquisition process. Your experience is likely to have been gained operating in a similar role or as a Senior Geophysical/Survey Engineer. You will ideally be educated to HNC or degree level in a technical or scientific discipline. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to repair & diagnosis equipment, create and follow how-to documentation, capable of understanding technical documentation and be comfortable dealing with equipment suppliers to discuss repairs and purchase of equipment. You will have a high level of computer literacy including Microsoft packages: experience of AutoCAD or similar, and usage of purchasing/ordering systems would be advantageous. Due to the nature of our industry and role, you must be able to attain an ENG1 medical and relevant offshore certificates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
Company: Gardline Geosurvey Ltd –
Company Location: Great Yarmouth