Fundraising High Value Relationships Lead Job at MENCAP in London
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
About This role:
Mencap’s vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included. Our Trust, Statutory and Philanthropy team are at the heart of delivering that vision.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome all applicants with disabilities to apply for the roles with us. To find out more about Disability Confident Government Scheme, please click here.
We are recruiting for a High Value Relationship Lead to join our established Fundraising Team. This role is traditionally mainly office based in London, with flexibility. Due to Covid-19 it will be home based for the foreseeable future with occasional travel to our centre of engagement in London (Covid-19 permitting). It is a permanent full-time role (37.5 hrs per week).
The main purpose of this role is to implement and deliver income from key high value relationships, which is a crucial part of the Fundraising Directorate’s strategy. This department has realised exponential growth for Royal Mencap Society over the past 2 years.
Strategy will pay a key role in this position, we are looking for someone who can deliver an aspiring multi-year focus around our Major Donor, Trust and Foundations and Statutory Funders.
We are looking for someone who can build strong and personable relationships with internal and external stakeholders and you will have excellent inclusive leadership and people management skills, to drive the operational delivery of financial and non-financial KPI’s to ensure the High Value team targets are achieved.
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with colleagues, internal and external stakeholders
- Have experience of managing a philanthropy team to transform income
- Experience of creating a robust pipeline of multi-year Trust and Statutory funders and oversee the delivery of an effective stewardship journey.
- Previous people management and supportive leadership experience
- Provide accurate reporting systems, consistent processes and procedures, producing clear and timely reports to funders.
- Work with an positive mind-set with a focus on transforming performance and income
- Ensure we are completing effective prospect research which enables us to raise significant income through existing relationships
- Maintain up-to-date donor records and update budgets and plans as per the day to day developments
- Effectively manage, review and monitor team working practices and development plans to embed continuous learning, collaboration and adherence to organisational and industry policies and procedures.
- Proficient digital, data, marketing, insight and relationship management skills
- Innovative thinker with the ability to suggest ideas for improvement, sharing and receiving feedback in a constructive manner
Come and join Mencap at this exciting time of growth and development.
If you are interested in this role please follow this link to complete application.
Our Employee Benefits:
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C’s apply based on contract
Reference ID: London
Application deadline: 02/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £53,318.00 per year
Remote working, Individual Risk Assessments
- London, Greater London (Preferred)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Company Location: London
Job Category: Marketing