Full Stack (Laravel) Developer Job at Beep! Digital in Poole
Beep is a brand and marketing agency dedicated to the tech industry. Based in Poole, UK and Silicon Valley, USA, our team partner with some of the biggest technology brands around the world.
We’re a fast-moving, global business, just like our clients. And we’re hyperfocused on pushing the boundaries of design and technology to solve their biggest brand challenges. Our clients see us as a part of their team and we love helping them to change the world, whatever their mission.
As a Full Stack Developer at Beep, you’ll use Laravel primarily to build bespoke technical solutions for our clients, from high-performance web applications to rich, interactive websites. You’ll use excellent backend expertise, combined with a solid understanding of frontend development to build complex and innovative platforms on time and with minimal errors.
As a core part of the Technical team you’ll work closely with Design and UX, using your creative technical skills and the latest development technologies to deliver high-quality builds that exceed our clients’ expectations every time.
This role is an exciting addition to our growing technical team. It will suit an experienced full stack developer with a passion for solving challenging technical problems. Someone who strives to take ownership of their projects, from start to finish, and is ready to hit the ground running.
What you’ll do
- Deliver exceptional technical solutions for our global technology clients using Laravel
- Build a variety of high-quality solutions, from content-managed platforms to e-commerce websites and complex web applications
- Design and architect normalised databases
- Produce technical work that’s always driven by empathy for the end-user
- Work on a mix of long-term and short-term projects, from full-scale web applications to simpler campaign landing pages
- Employ best practices at all stages of the development lifecycle
- Contribute to collective problem solving for our clients
- Apply creativity to technical implementations
- Work in sprints and apply HotFixes when required
- Continuously improve knowledge of server & infrastructure best practices in order to future-proof technical solutions
- Work collaboratively with the design, UX and account management teams to ensure project requirements are met
The skills you’ll have
- Object-orientated design
- MVC Architecture
- Laravel Development
- SQL / MySQL
- SOAP & REST API Knowledge
- Docker / Terraform
- WordPress Theme Development
- Symfony framework
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years’ experience using Laravel, ideally within a creative agency
- Multidisciplinary approach to development
- Confidence and determination to tackle complex digital projects
- Ability to own your work and a drive to always find the best solution
- A good eye for design detail and the ability to be creative with technical delivery
- Self-motivation and an organised approach to meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate technical decisions to non-technical individuals
- Passion for keeping up to date with the latest technology and development trends
- Active interest in user experience and design
- Capacity to juggle multiple projects efficiently
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take ownership of your own development so you stay on top of your game
- Growth mindset and energetic attitude
Some of the perks
- Attend prestigious tech/design events
- Generous holiday allowance
- Remote working
- Regular team lunches and events
- Performance reviews and rewards
- Pension scheme
You’ll be joining a great team of Beeple. We’re committed, driven, and down to earth – there’s no BS here. This really is an amazing opportunity to become an integral part of something special.
Mandatory application criteria
You must meet the following criteria in order to apply. Unfortunately, if you do not meet these criteria our Beep Bots will automatically reject your application.
- Candidates must send a cover letter describing why you are the perfect match for this role.
- Candidates must be able to travel to our Poole (UK) Studio.
No agencies, please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Laravel: 3 years (Preferred)
Company: Beep! Digital
Company Location: Poole