Full Stack Engineer Job at Elemendar in London
Elemendar is a fast-growing Seed-stage startup in the Cyber Security space. Founded in 2017 at the UK’s NCSC Cyber Accelerator, we use Machine Learning to solve a significant current security problem. Our existing product, which has paying customers, is an Artificial Intelligence solution that reads cyber threat reports by humans and turns them into industry-standard structured information.
We want to become a leader in the automation of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) and its use in the front line to protect against cyber threats to government, industry and society. We just closed a funding round and are looking for motivated people who will be foundational in growing and shaping the company. Our small, diverse team makes for an inclusive, interdisciplinary, and intellectually stimulating environment.
About the role
Our product is available to customers in a variety of ways, from web applications to Python packages. You will support the delivery and operations of the ML models to help make them accessible to users in a secure and intuitive fashion. Tasks will include building user interfaces to enable the users to interact with the machine extracted data and provide feedback, as well as assisting in integrating, packaging and securely serving access to our services over HTTP APIs.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Engineer or similar role
- Excellent Python skills, with experience building APIs in Python for both internal and external consumption with frameworks like Flask
- A keen interest in design and care for the building and deployment of user friendly services, with a proven ability to turn green field projects from ideas into production services
- Ability to work independently, with solid team communication skills; this may sound generic but we’re a remote-first team and most of us are currently filling multiple roles at the same time, so knowing that we can leave you to get on with things and communicate when things are going well or when you need help is vital
- Asking ‘why’ to help with collaborative problem solving, and balance delivering and refactoring / quality to get an effective solution in the shortest time
Nice to have
- Experience with cyber-security is not needed (though nice to have) – you’ll pick some up soon enough!
- Experience with design and user experience tools
- Experience building simple browser plug-ins
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focused organisation
- An interest in taking responsibility for all areas of the product, not just the code, including doing support work where necessary
What we offer
- A competitive salary with an equity component
- Flexible location (ideally Europe based but open to other areas for the right candidate) and working hours
- Remote-first team with the option of team days off-site (when safe and wherever works best for the team setup)
- Potential for travel to meet with clients / business partners and attend conferences
- As a small team, we can consider putting in place other benefits if important to you – please ask!
Apply for the job
We value diversity in our small team and welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds and under-represented groups in tech. Our CTO is a woman and dedicated to supporting the engineering team with mentorship opportunities.
Do you want to join our team as our new Full Stack Engineer? Then we’d love to hear about you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- python: 1 year (Required)
Company Location: London