Full Stack Azure Developer Job at Solve Recruitment in London
Our Client is a Giant in Pensions and Investments!
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and skilled, predominantly back-end focussed, developer to join the small team that develops and supports their new and exciting system.
What’s the role?
Our Client advises on and supports pension schemes. They have been developing their new cloud-based system for managing a pension scheme. It includes:
- A portal for pension scheme members to look at the pension they will receive and model their options for when they retire.
- In house tools for pension administrators to manage case work, manage member data to help them support pension scheme members
- A portal for our clients (the pension scheme trustees) to monitor what is happening in the scheme
- Integrations with payroll, back accounts and more to automate data flows and increasingly move to member self-service.
With a track record of getting solutions to market quickly, they need developers that can work nimbly and discuss designs/functional requirements with non-technical end users. As a rule they need somoene who can work in an agile way.
Their own created system began development in 2019 and is now live with its first clients. It is fully cloud based (Azure) and is developing rapidly as they look to automate and extend their services. Their internal platform is already the best framework in the industry, and they want to pull away from the competition with what we can deliver with its capabilities.
What will you be doing?
- Working mostly on the server (or server-less) side in conjunction with front-end developers across different areas including security, apis, databases, connectivity, deployment, monitoring and performance.
- Taking ownership of a given task/functional requirement and getting it out to users with support from the wider team.
What essential skills and personal qualities do I need to apply for this role?
- Experience in developing web application/services
- Experience with C# .NET Core
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, specifically Azure including some of Azure functions, Azure SQL, Azure B2C, Service fabric and blob storage
- Experience with the traditional Microsoft web stack – IIS, ASP, .NET
- Experience with data access using Entity Framework/SQL Server
- Continuous Integration, build/deployment pipelines
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Understanding of design patterns
- A team player, able to work closely with the wider team and develop junior team members. Open to other’s ideas and different ways of working.
- Positive can-do approach to any task but also willing to question requirements and approaches.
- The ability to solve problems and find solutions using the right services and tools
- The ability to adapt and learn on the job.
- Able to work in, and enhance, a high pace environment.
Useful (but not essential) experience
- Git source code management and use of Azure DevOps
- Agile development process
- Experience with front end frameworks (We predominantly use Vue but similar framework experience also useful)
- Comfortable working with relational and non-relational databases
Our Clients’ biggest strength is their people. They are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and they are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
They will work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. They aim to recruit and develop the best people, who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work.
If this is the perfect opportunity for you, please apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Company: Solve Recruitment
Company Location: London