Front-End Web Developer Job at streamGo in Sunderland
streamGo are the experts in live video streaming and online events.
From virtual events and live event streaming to webinars and podcasts, some of the world’s biggest companies use streamGo to engage their online audiences.
We started streamGo to make online events better. Better for brands and better for attendees.
For a long time online events meant that presenters had to spend more time learning systems than learning their content. Attendees would have to download and install programs to watch the event. During the event, video and audio streams would drop, buffer and altogether disappear without warning. Frankly, it was a mess, and we can do better.
Our goal now is the same as when we started; to help brands engage their online event audiences with our focus on outstanding customer service.
Based on the strength of our virtual event and webinar platform, streamGo is growing quicker than ever before.
streamGo delivers unique and engaging online events for companies such as Adobe, TikTok, Speedo, and Retail Week. From onboarding through to event design and build, event production, and on-the-day support, it’s our people that make streamGo stand out from the crowd.
To support our growth, we are looking for an energetic, creative Front-End Web Developer with a passion for all things code, web and digital.
You’ll work within the Design and Build team, and alongside the Project Management and Event Production teams to build high-quality digital productions for online events. Our clients often have bespoke requirements in the form of templates, individual pages and immersive experiences, and you will use your coding and problem-solving skills to produce these at a market-leading standard.
The Perfect Fit
The ideal candidate will be experienced (at least 5 years) with modern front-end development skills (JS, php/Blade (Laravel), HTML, CSS/SCSS), building engaging online experiences and have a passion for solving problems. They should be able to communicate well within and across teams, articulate technical solutions, and create documentation to accompany their work.
The candidate must – critically – be a team player. We’re building something special here at streamGo, with a culture of self-development, working towards a very high level of quality, and having a desire of going the extra mile for our clients, all while being friendly, helpful and having fun along the way. We truly take care of each other and need somebody who shares that ethos.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Building templates for online events and pages to be used within the streamGo platform
- Building responsive websites
- Browser and device testing
- Sharing best practice with colleagues
- Collaborating closely with Design, Project Management, Production and other teams around the business
- Working with templating languages such as php/Blade (Laravel)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, XD)
- Excellent eye for design and high quality development
- Ability to work to set deadlines
- Intuitive problem solving
- Driven with a determined work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability and confidence to work across multiple teams
- Approachable, enthusiastic with a composed confidence
- Flexible and adaptable in line with the growth of the Business
- Flexible Working – No strict 9-5 policy here. We’ll flex as much as possible to suit your needs.
- Pension Scheme – You’ll have the option to join an enhanced employer contribution pension. One for the future.
- Equipment -You’ll be set up with everything you need; hardware, software and of course something to sit on.
- Inclusive Culture – Everyone’s different, that’s what makes working in a team so interesting. No cliques here.
- On-Site Parking – The last thing you want to do when you arrive at work is to fight for a car parking space. So you don’t have to.
- Employee Events – Everything from breakfast learning sessions and lunchtime bowling to karaoke and pizza making. We are partial to letting our hair down.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Work from home
To keep employees as safe as possible we have introduced fully remote working throughout 2020, with the office available for use. Upon arrival at the office we have a temperature check and sanitisation areas and have follow social distancing practice.
- JS: 4 years (Required)
- CSS/SCSS: 4 years (Required)
- HTML: 4 years (Required)
Company Location: Sunderland