Fresh Produce Assistant – Skerries, Dublin Job at SuperValu in Dublin
Ensure the fresh departments operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provide our customers with excellent quality and products and services.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Excellent communication skills
- Numerical skill
- Customer focused
- A passion for food and the ability to inspire shoppers
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task under pressure
- No previous experience necessary as training will be provided
- Actively live SuperValu brand-values i.e. Genuine, Passion for Food, Vibrant, Committed, Innovative and Imaginative
- Drive sales through ensuring SOPs and store standards are met on a daily basis
- Merchandise and present department to the highest standard
- Implement planograms correctly
- Control stock rotation so that quality and freshness of goods is of the highest standard
- Manage waste and shrink in the department
- Ensure continuous improvement in the Fruit & Veg Department by remaining up to date with new products and initiatives
- Enhance product knowledge by gaining information from a range of sources and share ideas, suggestions and builds
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working
Fruit & Veg Assistant (Senior) Opportunity at Moriarty`s Super Valu, Skerries, Co. Dublin.
The Moriarty Group is an Irish owned company involved in both the Retail Grocery and Hospitality Industries. The company`s portfolio currently comprises of three large Super Valu Supermarkets in Balbriggan and Skerries in North County Dublin and Palmerstown, Dublin 20. The company also owns two 4* Hotels, the Bracken Court Hotel, Balbriggan, North County Dublin and the Courtyard Hotel, Leixlip, Co. Kildare. The company currently employee`s approximately 550 people.
The Moriarty Group of Super Valu’s are 3 of the largest Super Valu stores in the Dublin area. We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Fruit & Veg Assistant to join the team in our Skerries Store.
If you have a minimum of 2 years` experience working within a busy fruit & veg department within a fast-paced retail grocery environment and if you share our passion and enthusiasm for fresh foods and customer care, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Senior Fruit & Veg. Assistant will work with the team in our large fruit & veg department and the store management team on ensuring the highest standards are achieved. This is a full-time position working an average of 40 hours per week, 5 days over 7 to include weekends and public holidays.
Working as part ofthe stores F&V team on the day to day set up and operations of the busy department.
Department Set up/display.
Ensuring compliance with all legislation applicable to the industry
Ensuring customers experience excellent service at all times
Ensuring the department is presented in a professional manner.
Must be fluent in the English Language both verbal and written
Must have a minimum of 2 years` experience in a similar role within a busy fruit & veg department/business.
Previous fruit & veg experience in a Super Valu store would be an advantage but is not essential.
Must have a strong eye for detail.
Must have strong organisational skills.
Excellent communications skills
Strong knowledge of fruit & veg/produce in general.
Must be trained in the principles of HACCP
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Must be available for early starts
Group Health Insurance (Reduced Rates)
Excellent Training Opportunities
Staff Reward & Recognition Initiatives
Company Location: Dublin