French Localisation QA Tester Jobs in Leicester – England at PTW
Title: French Localisation QA Tester
Location: Leicester – England
Type: Full Time, Contract, Remote/Work from Home
Category: IT/Tech, Creative Arts/Media
French Localisation QA Tester
Weekdays: circa 08:15 – 16:45
No weekend or evening working.
QA Localisation testing involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PS5, Wii, PS Vita, DS, Switch, VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the world’s leading publishers.
As one of our QA Localisation Testers, you will be the very first person to see the localised game in its entirety – translated text, images and the rest of the user interface collectively. You’ll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users.
You willwork in a multilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localised into the target language.
Candidates with previous translation, proofreading, copywriting or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would also be interested in this position.
What you’ll be doing
* Working in a project team consisting of many colleagues from around the world.
* Identifying and correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation and other language errors.
* Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to.
* Logging details of errors/issues found and providing suggestions for improvements.
* Ensuring the accuracy of translation within context and consistency of terminology and imagery.
* Hunting for missing / wrong content and ensuring the proper date/calendar/character display / format.
* Writing reports on errors/bugs found and Ad hoc translation.
* Overseeing the quality of your work, collaboration and contributing to the overall success of projects.
What we’re looking for
* Native level fluency in the language you are applying for, and English.
* Strong cultural understanding of the language you are applying for.
* Computer literacy – particularly with Excel.
* Robust Internet research skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Previous experience with using different software, applications, and websites.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and collaborate within project teams.
* Must be available full time.
* Candidates must have their own broadband with a direct connection to the router via ethernet cable.
* A separate and private working area.
* Must live within 1.5 hours distance from our studio in Glasgow (50 miles approx).
* Be able to provide evidence of Right to Work in the UK.
* PTW PC & Accessories Supplied.
* Must be willing to commute to the office should it be requested.
What we offer
* You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world.
* Competitive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities and languages.
* A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
Who we arePTW is a global services company that collaborate with video game develop…