FP&A Cost Analyst Job at API Technologies – UK in Great Yarmouth
Do you want to work for a leading technology Company that makes a real difference to everyday life?
Our talented and skilled employees have an impact that extends beyond design and manufacturing products. Whether we are launching satellites, securing military communication, or keeping hearts in rhythm, our employees’ work explores space, protects soldiers, and saves lives.
APITech is one of the leading providers of innovative systems, subsystems, modules and components for RF/ microwave, microelectronic and security applications.
API Microelectronics Ltd, based in Great Yarmouth, is an AS9100, ISO-9001 certified and ESA approved leading provider of electronic components, optoelectronics, modules and hybrids.
We work on exciting and highly complex programmes specialising in microelectronic products that are high performing with high reliability designed for use in harsh environments across the space, defence, aerospace and energy sectors.
API Microwave Ltd, based in Milton Keynes, is an ISO-9001 certified and ESA approved leading provider of AESA radar solutions, high-reliability electronic subsystems, modules, and components for high-performance defence and space applications.
We specialise in vertically integrated solutions from semiconductors, to IMAs/MFAs, to subsystems and equipment-level solutions, working on programmes spanning electronic warfare, military communications, radar, aerospace, and commercial wireless and telecom solutions.
About the role
The FP&A Cost Analyst is a business partner supporting sales, operations, engineering, supply chain and product managers in the development of business forecasts and new business proposals. Working to tight deadlines the FP&A Cost Analyst proactively engages with sales and product managers to ensure that a profitable pipeline of new business opportunities is being delivered.
Main responsibilities include:
· Maintain and enhance new product pricing, costing and investment return model and the 24 month rolling order, revenue and margin forecast model
· Analyse new product proposals and customer Requests for Quote by developing price, margin and investment return scenarios based upon information provided by the bid team and functional representatives
· Provide support in the preparation of bids/tenders
· Liaison with sales and product managers in the reporting and status of monthly forecasts, enquires, quotations, bids etc
You should either be qualified/part qualified accountant or have a willingness to work towards. You will have experience in a similar role within a manufacturing or technology focused business. You will be proficient in Excel to an advanced level, have excellent communication and relationship building skills. You should be commercially focused and have a clear understanding of financial principles and an ability to understand manufacturing process flows. Experience with MRP systems is desirable.
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that recognises the value our people bring to our business.
Work Life Balance
We know how important it is to achieve a balance between work and home. That’s why we offer the following benefits to support our people in achieving a healthy work life balance.
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Flexible working practices including a flexi time scheme
· Early finish Friday’s
Health and Wellbeing
We know work can be a big factor in our people’s health and wellbeing. That’s why we have a number of benefits to support a positive approach to health and wellbeing and are committed to building a healthy and well-motivated workforce where our people can flourish.
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Wellbeing support including: Occupational health assistance, Access to confidential counselling services, Employee assistance programme and Annual flu vaccination
· Generous Company sick pay scheme
· Paid compassionate leave
· Free fruit
· Free hot drinks
· Free car parking at some sites
Learning and Development
We know great people build great products. That’s why we invest in the learning and development of our people. We fund training, provide growth opportunities and are always keen to develop and promote from within.
· APITech Academy – our internal learning management system with opportunities for furthering professional development
· Comprehensive and tailored induction programme
· Support for further education
· Annual appraisal with individual development plans that take a career orientated approach
· All vacancies advertised internally
Aside from all of the above, we also offer a competitive salary exchanged pension scheme, as well as life assurance to give our people peace of mind for their loved ones.
· Pension – 6% company contributions and 3% employee contributions
· Life assurance (death benefit) – up to four times basic salary
We also know that starting a new job and moving to a new area can be a daunting and stressful experience. That’s why for some roles we can offer a generous relocation package up to £8,000 to help the financial burden of moving home if you relocate to take up a position with us.
And just some of our other benefits:
· Reward and Recognition Scheme
· Employee referral scheme where our people can earn up to £250
· Company branded jackets, polo shifts, water bottles and thermal flasks
· Company events during the year including summer BBQ’s
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: API Technologies – UK
Company Location: Great Yarmouth