Finance Manager Job at Global Project Resources Limited in Wirral
We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Finance Manager to lead a solution-focussed, innovative, financial management function for one of our local; government clients based in The Wirral.
The Finance Manager will oversee a team that enables the effective allocation of resources to outcomes, in order to ensure value for money for the public purse. This includes leading a proactive, customer focussed team with three management units which are: Major Projects & Corporate Activity, Strategy, Policy & Financial Accounts,Management Accounts & Finance Support.
They will provide effective management information, maximise income and investment opportunities and ensure an effective finance business partnering function is delivered.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Current Member of Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies/Chartered Institute of Management Accounting and demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Experience in leadership and staff management at a senior level.
- Demonstrate personal and professional credibility to work with a range of stakeholders including Chief Officers, elected members and members of the public.
- Adequate financial acumen to assess and manage risks to ensure informed decisions can be made
- High levels of commercial awareness, demonstrating an understanding of the changing face of the public sector.
- Demonstrable successful delivery of ambitious programmes that have delivered financial benefits.
- Demonstrable financial modelling and analysis including risk management techniques.
Please apply for further information
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
Reference ID: 1124
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £38.49 per hour
- Finance Management: 5 years (Required)
- Public Sector: 3 years (Required)
- Qualified Accountant (Required)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Global Project Resources Limited
Company Location: Wirral