Finance Business Partner Job at Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority – in Home Based
Type of role
Number of posts
Remote (anywhere in the UK)
About the job
The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) is the independent body that regulates and administers the business costs and decides the pay and pensions of the 650 elected Members of Parliament and their staff in the United Kingdom. We were created by the Parliamentary Standards Act 2009, as the world’s first independent regulator of MPs’ financial remuneration.
IPSA is on a mission! We want to enable MPs to do what really matters by providing a providing an exemplary, seamless regulatory service. We have a compelling plan and we’re intent on transforming IPSA but we need great, finance savvy relationship builders to help us drive accurate, consistent advice to our MP facing colleagues.
We’re looking for people who can provide comprehensive support to the front line, ensuring MPs issues are resolved and options considered whilst ensuring governance processes and financial controls are maintained.
You’ll belong to the Finance function, but your role will be visible across IPSA and building successful partnerships is key. You’ll enable change and improvement across the team, anticipate risks and ensure that financial data is current and accurate.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Building open and honest relationships with all teams across IPSA, acting as the face of Finance to our MP facing teams
- Getting to know the different business areas and performance priorities to ensure financial reporting is relevant, timely and accurate
- Collaborating with the wider Finance team and other functions to resolve finance queries, ensuring teams are provided with appropriate and timely advice and information
- Providing tailored support to individuals on finance matters including correct budgeting treatment, forecasting, financial management and transaction processing of accruals and prepayments
- Sharing knowledge through coaching and feedback to help others develop finance knowledge
- Ensuring financial controls are maintained by IPSA people and MPs
- Implementing and continually improving monitoring and reporting processes for financial expenditure, ensuring accuracy of financial transactions and policy adherence
- Actively making Finance and IPSA a great place to work, contributing to continuous improvement of the function and adding value to the organisation
Who we are looking for:
You’ll need to be a qualified accountant with at least 2 years’ experience, preferably within a business partner role.
You’ll be adept at communicating complex and challenging financial information to people of all levels. You’ll have the ability to proactively identify gaps in financial knowledge and have bags of confidence to improve financial awareness and acumen across the organisation.
You’ll enjoy working with others and be accountable for achieving great results. You’ll have sound financial management, planning, monitoring and reporting skills and you’ll be curious about the data to ensure it’s right first time every time.
You’ll be working in a pressured environment, so resilience is a must and you’ll need great listening and observational skills, too. High initiative and a flexible approach to work and change are important, too.
You’ll be joining a diverse and knowledgeable bunch of people, passionate about making IPSA brilliant and so you’ll need to fit right in.
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Season ticket loan
- Access to learning and development
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity; with LGBT+, BAME, and Green workplace groups
- Civil Service Pension
- Flexible Working
Company: Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority –
Company Location: Home Based