Finance Assistant Job at BIC Innovation in Gaerwen
Scale Up Cluster Finance Assistant
We are regarded as market leading business consultants carrying out a range of support programmes nationwide. Based on Anglesey and Bridgend, part of our remit is delivering business growth and innovation projects on behalf of Welsh Government. We are looking to appoint a Finance Assistant, which is a new role, to support our delivery partners in the newly awarded RDP Programme.
This is a great opportunity for you to make the role your own, recognising improvements in efficiencies across the finance processes. This is a full time position (37.5 hours) working 5 days per week (but part time will be considered). You would provide support to the Project Accountant to manage the project finances to budget and ensure financial claims are made efficiently.
What you will do.
· Day to day financial monitoring and administration for the cluster
· Maintain accurate financial records relating to the cluster and all eligible activities
· Prepare information and documents for financial claims
· Respond to all requests for financial information, documentations relating to the cluster in a timely manner
· Prepare financial information for cluster reports and the Cluster Advisory Board
Who you are.
· You will be qualified to A-levels or equivalent such as BTEC, HNC, HND in accounting or finance
· You have minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of working in a finance, accounts, or audit team
· Ideally, you will be AAT qualified or professional part qualified
· You have strong financial and accounting skills
· You have experience of using SAGE50
· You have experience of making financial claims for projects funded through public programmes such as ERDF, Interreg, RDP
· You are a strong team player, but also able to work under own initiative
· You may have internal audit experience is desirable although not necessary
· You have high level of computer literacy;
· You have fluent in English or Welsh is desirable.
What you will get in return
· Salary £25k
· 25 days holiday + bank holidays
· Pension Scheme
· An opportunity to purchase shares in the business
· Flexible Employer
If this role sounds like you, send us your CV, we can’t wait to meet you!
Due to current COVID restriction, the team members are currently working from home. Candidates should bear this in mind when applying. The role will eventually be working from either our office in Bridgend or Anglesey.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
- finance, accounts or audit: 2 years (Required)
- A-Level or equivalent (Required)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Company: BIC Innovation
Company Location: Gaerwen