Field Service Engineer Job at WashCo in Slough
WASHCO is one of the largest independent suppliers/service partners of commercial laundry equipment throughout the UK.
Experts in our field, we supply the leading brands within our industry and provide our products and services through a distribution channel and via our very active direct sales and rental business to the end user.
We are renowned for being innovative and redefining how technology can adapt and aid the process within our sector.
As a member of our Field Service Engineer team, you will be representing the Company as one of our frontline staff, covering work in Slough and the wider area. Through completing pre-planned maintenance work and reacting to emergency breakdowns, you will be considered a vital lifeline for our valued customer base. Customers are our number one priority, so exceptional customer service skills are essential.
This is an exciting opportunity for applicants who enjoy problem solving and are keen to learn and develop throughout their career. Ongoing training is provided, but a successful candidate must have a full clean driving licence, have previous experience working with commercial laundry equipment and ideally commercial dishwashers too. You must also be Gas Safe registered for Commercial Laundry and have an industry recognised electrical qualification.
As a conscientious engineer you would be expected to take ownership of the work you do, ensuring that you see your repairs through to the end. This would be achieved through providing accurate information to supporting departments, so excellent communication skills are an essential quality.
The successful applicant will be provided with all equipment required for the role, including a company van (private use option available), company laptop, work mobile phone, required tools and equipment and PPE. You will also be automatically signed up to our WorkSave Pension Plan.
- Diagnose, Repair and Service all makes and models of commercial laundry equipment
- Maintain the highest company standards for customer service, compliance and safety when working for Washco.
- Undertake site surveys and carry out commercial service work to the highest standards and follow all laid down working instructions.
- To be a Health and Safety Ambassador; leading by example, which will include using all appropriate PPE, conducting risk assessments (RA), ensuring all potential risks are removed before, during and after work has been completed.
- To conduct all aspects of your work to the highest company standards, including driving, Health and Safety, personal conduct, process and business compliance.
- To maintain excellent standards of presentation for yourself, your equipment and vehicles.
- Ensure that your vehicle is correctly maintained, in a road worthy condition and that weekly vehicle checks are completed.
- Stock and maintain your vehicles with the correct components that are required to maximise first time completion rates; ensuring that stock is replenished using the appropriate channels and processes.
- To contact the site official on arrival to gain any relevant information regarding the site and/ or job before commencement. To follow any reasonable requirements given and to revisit the official on completion.
- To proactively obtain and use specialist knowledge to assist your work, to keep abreast of product developments, including manufacturers training courses as required.
- To positively convey our service and services to prospective and existing customers if required.
- To undertake site surveys if required (following guidance training).
- To actively work towards your targets as agreed in your review meetings.
- Produce an excellent customer service experience for all your customers.
- To be aware of and comply with all current legislation/company rules relative to the position, particularly with reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act and associated legislation.
- To be aware of and comply with company policy/regulations relative to the care and protection of the company’s cash, stock, premises and equipment.
- To deal with any customer queries or requests swiftly and in a professional manner in accordance with company policy and keeping manager advised of nature and action.
- Promote good housekeeping by ensuring any required invoicing, crediting and adjustments are forwarded at the earliest opportunity for completion.
- To assist in the training of new and inexperienced staff if required.
- To bring to the attention of your Manager any incorrect pricing of goods or hazard or any other matter relevant to the efficient and smooth operation of the service department.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the efficient, flexible and smooth operation of the trading unit and or company. (This may include working at other Branches as directed by your Manager/Company Manager)
Measures of Performance
Quality of Work
Punctuality and Reliability
Standards of Service
Compliance with cash, stock and general procedures
Personal appearance and customer service
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please note, to comply with social distancing it is likely that interviews will be conducted via video chat using Skype
- Commercial Laundry Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- GAS Safe Qualification in Commercial Laundry (Required)
- Full Driving Licence (Required)
- Industry recognised electrical qualification (Required)
Company Location: Slough