Field Service Engineer Job at Generator Power in Dartford
Generator Power is the UK’s largest Independent generator company with over 22 years of experience in the industry. The company has 9 depots across the UK with and Trackway Solutions in Wetherby. The company provides installation of Generators to normal site and even into remote and hard to reach areas. We work for many types of customers, from events, festivals, renewable energy, telecoms and general construction. Generator Power has grown in recent years and is ready for further expansion. This growth offers the opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join the team at our Reading branch.
Monday to Friday 40 hours a week 8:00am – 17:00pm
MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB (Note: in addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- To support the Service Department in the repair and maintenance of hire fleet and customers equipment.
- To ensure a high quality of service and equipment.
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction.
4. MAIN DUTIES (brief description)
- Carry out planned service and maintenance work on both hire fleet and customers equipment.
- Fault location, diagnosis and rectification to hire fleet and customers equipment.
- Preparation of equipment for hire.
- Installation and disconnection of equipment on site. (Synchronising where appropriate).
- Installation and commissioning of power to temporary site accommodation. (Wiring in where appropriate).
- Loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Carry out duties on call out rota system.
- Carry out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are tidy.
- Completion and submission of all company paperwork as per procedure.
- Safeguard all Company assets; nothing leaves the depot without correct paperwork. .
- Ensure company vehicle or occasional loan vehicle supplied, is kept clean and tidy at all times, serviced within manufacturer’s guideline, and ensure any defects are notified to correct parties and rectified in a timely manner.
- Promote teamwork and co-operation at all times, both within individual depots and right across the entire Generator Power Group of Companies.
- Treat all other employees and all our customers professionally and with respect.
- Always act in the best interests of any of the Generator Power Group of Companies, and not to carry out (or fail to carry out) any action that would bring the company into disrepute.
- Always work in a responsible manner to ensure safe working practices. Follow Health Safety Quality and Environmental guidelines provided by the company – currently ISO 9001:14001 and OHSAS 18001 procedures, including all future notifications.
- Proactively contribute to the company’s policy of continuous improvement.
- Carry out any reasonable ad-hoc duties requested by your direct Line Manager or the Management Team.
REQUIREMENTS TO CARRY OUT JOB
- GCSE High school or equivalent.
- Any Plant/Mechanical engineering qualifications
- Fork Lift Truck Licence (desired but training can be provided)
- NVQ’s or apprenticeships qualifications.
- Experience on generators/plant equipment/heavy engineering (or similar)
Personal characteristics/Attributes required:
- Must be flexible as the job may involve unsociable hours
- Good communication skills and the ability to connect naturally with people
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to ensure the work gets done in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to follow Company policy and procedures.
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Car
- Company Pension
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Diesel engine: 2 years (Preferred)
Company: Generator Power
Company Location: Dartford