Experienced Nursery Room Leader Job at Kateys House Ltd in Ham
A lovely small Private nursery in Ham, with a real emphasis on outdoor learning, is looking for an exceptional experienced, ‘Toddler class Room Leader’ to join our wonderful team!
Working hours: 36 to 41 hours per week
Qualities you must have:
· Very strong communication skills with children, parents, Manager & staff
· Competent computer skills (email, Office etc)
· The ability to be a valuable part of a team
· Experienced at implementing the EYFS in nursery settings
· Ability to use your experience and professionalism to build on our good work
· Insistence on high standards of care and education
· Enthusiastic with a love for children and for developing their learning
· Ability to share your ideas for planning and activities
· Ability to make the room a wonderful place to be for the children-and staff
Main activities and responsibilities:
· Working in partnership with and supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager to ensure the daily running and administration of the nursery, adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the company and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards.
· Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
· Supervising Nursery Nurses and Students and carrying out supervisory meetings where appropriate under the guidance of the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager
· Supporting the Nursery Manager /Deputy Nursery Manager/ and organising the planning of activities in the Pre-school classroom.
· Liaising with the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager in organising relevant staff, effective mentoring of junior staff, effective delegation and communication and promoting positive attitudes regarding the company.
· Attending regular meetings with the Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Manager/ and participating in staff meetings.
· Care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
· Assisting with staff inductions and helping new staff to fit into the nursery.
· Providing a good role model for Nursery Nurses and Students.
· Providing feedback to the Nursery Manger/ Deputy Nursery Manager on issues relating to the nursery day.
· Addressing staff and parent queries.
· Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
· Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,872.80-£23,771.80 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Childcare: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nursery: 3 years (Preferred)
Company: Kateys House Ltd
Company Location: Ham