Events Manager & Marketing Job at The Victoria Stakes in London N10
Events Manager required for Bar/Restaurant/Event space within a small independent pub group.
We’re looking for a hands on Events Manager, with previous experience in a Casual Dining, Gastro pub or event background, that can buy into the daily passion of our business, and also understand the “big picture” of both professional growth and company development.
Our ideal candidate is hard working but fun loving, and whilst past managerial experience is a must, a senior position is not necessarily essential. The right Manager looking to take the big next step, who possesses the right attitude, might just make a perfect fit.
You’ll be a natural leader, willing to head up a team from the front in a fast paced hospitality environment.
You’ll have confidence in a bar & food environment, and understand how to oversee a busy kitchen team.
You’ll be fully accountable for team recruitment & development, P&L reporting & control, and be driven to deliver outstanding results.
You’ll work closely with our experienced Operations Team, and possess a mindset and ability to learn & develop.
- Genuine passion for the hospitality industry.
- Experience in managing a team of 15+.
- Solid event management background.
- Innovative forward thinking ideas with the drive and ability to execute those ideas.
- A leader that leads from the front, motivating and inspiring the team to deliver the high standards of service they see their manager consistently achieve.
- Approachable management demeanour with the ability to lead a team through respect and positive leadership.
The Victoria Stakes remains at its heart an independent pub, with strong links to its community. Over the past 6 years we have developed a unique event business, utilising the two unique spaces at it disposal. We hold over 70 private events per year, including Weddings, Bar mitzvahs, and special birthdays. The event manager also will have autonomy in driving in house promoted events, such as comedy nights, live music and large sporting events.
This role is incredibly exciting an offers an opportunity for an individual to really master their craft in events. No single day will be the same.
To deliver and year programme of events which will drive new customers through the door as well as retain out current loyal base. A keen interest in social media, and traditional marketing is ideal but not essential.
- Ability to train and work in a team on multiple levels
- Excellent levels of organisation
- Problem solver, and ability to work under pressure to deliver great customer service
- IT knowledge, including, office, google sheets and multimedia platforms
- Passion for food, drinks and events
What we offer
- Investment in skills development.
- A friendly supportive team.
- The opportunity to grow and learn from and with a forward thinking growing small company.
- The freedom to apply innovative ideas without the restraints found in large corporate companies.
- 28 days holiday per year
- Staff food
- Bonus structure
Please send us across a CV and brief description of why you love events & what you can add to our business.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
- Management or Team leader: 2 years (Required)
- Hospitality: 5 years (Required)
Company: The Victoria Stakes
Company Location: London N10
Job Category: Marketing