English Teacher Job at Smart Teachers in London
London Borough of Lewisham
Pay – MPS Inner London (minimum £28,000 to maximum £40,000)
Salary is dependent on experience, training and / or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (QTS).
Permanent from September 2021
Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for an English Teacher at a co-educational secondary school with academy status in the London borough of Lewisham. This full time English Teacher position is required for a September 2021 start and the successful candidate will be required to work full time.
- MPS Inner London (minimum £28,000 to maximum £40,000)
- Teaching KS3, 4 & 5 English
- Comprehensive school for 11 – 18-year-olds
- A curriculum that is accessible and relevant to students and to their aspirations, whilst being innovative and broad
- Ethos of innovation, excellence, mutual respect, responsibility, and equality of opportunity for all
- Mix of tradition and innovation that provides a breadth of experiences and perspectives that they can take with them into adulthood
Smart Teachers is looking to recruit an English Teacher who:
- Has Qualified Teacher Status
- Can plan and prepare lessons to a high standard, using a variety of delivery methods in order to facilitate student learning
- Can set and mark work, including homework in accordance with the school Marking and Feedback Policy
- Can create a supportive learning environment whereby all students have the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Is able to assess, record and report on students’ progress and attainment, whilst maintaining accurate and appropriate records
- Is confident in preparing students for examinations, both internal and external, including the recording of accurate data
- Can manage behaviour appropriately in line with the School Behaviour Policy.
- Has high expectations from all students throughout lessons
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online EduCompli training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an English Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact Rachel Ridout on 020 7065 7508, quoting the reference RXRENGLISH13177.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Company: Smart Teachers
Company Location: London