Engineering Stores Buyer Job at IESA – in Crewe
A market leader in the provision of Integrated Stores and Supply Chain Management Solutions for Blue Chip Companies in the UK and Europe IESA are seeking a Buying Envoy for one of their client’s stores based in Crewe.
Your duties will involve:
- Source suppliers of ad-hoc products as required and negotiate cost reductions.
- Expedite outstanding orders with vendors so that delivery dates are in line with goods requirements.
- Liaise with customers in receipt of direct orders to confirm that the delivery of goods ordered have been achieved, receipt and confirm deliveries into SAP.
- Record all communications with vendors and stores in SAP.
- Be able to interrogate supporting procurement systems to SAP to identify customer name and contact details.
- Edit current stock lines in the system, description, supplier and inventory level changes.
- Identify poor service levels from vendors and report to Purchasing Manager.
- Identify quantity of aged orders over 2 weeks that should have been resolved at stores level and report to Purchasing Manager.
- Provide progressing support to customers/ key vendors who make either direct telephone enquiries or email enquiries.
- The ideal candidate will have had previous experience within engineering stores environment and be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of stores and inventory management, and experience of dealing with suppliers and contractors.
- Additionally experience in customer relations preferable as this is a customer facing role.
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organisational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and previous use of SAP
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and customers via telephone and email
- A track record in supplier sourcing and negotiation
Hours of work:
Monday – Friday 40 hours per week, 08:00 – 16:30
Job Type: Full-time
Company: IESA –
Company Location: Crewe