Engineering Procurement Manager Job at Smart Electronics – in Grove
Engineering Procurement Manager – Permanent – Oxfordshire-Smart Electronics
We are seeking a dynamic Engineering Services Procurement Manager to work in our Wantage Office.
- Responsible for organising and participating in the selection and management of suppliers locally and globally.
- In charge of a sizeable volume or key project purchasing programme.
- Able to build long-term and stable partnership relationships with key suppliers in order to maintain continuity of supply, to reduce the synthetical cost of procurement, and to obtain a competitive advantage in the procurement area.
- Analyse procurement demand and the market, to achieve objectives of procurement cost control and lower general cost of procurement according to headquarter / region’s strategies.
- Identify risks from the ever-evolving procurement environment, set up and implement a risk mitigation plan to maintain consistent supply levels.
- Organise communication with suppliers periodically according to the requirements of that category to build durable relationships with suppliers.
- Gather and analyse research material on markets and clients’ information for the sourcing of potential suppliers to ensure the validity of procurement strategies.
- Drive and enhance supplier understanding of management processes and guidelines.
- Develop strategies that strengthen the quality of the organisation’s relationship with the supply base by identifying opportunities to continuously improve the effectiveness of communications and supplier relationship-building activities.
- Promote and encourage cross-functional participation from all areas of the Project Team, and Partners.
- Devise and agree on benchmarks and maintain a strong awareness through the investigation of new supply markets and assessing suppliers’ capability.
Skills and experience:
- Strong expertise in Electronics Engineering Procurement;
- Able to benchmark market pricing and negotiate revised terms with the supplier base accordingly;
- Excellent procurement tool kit
- Hard-working spirit, can deliver to tight deadlines and workplace pressures;
- Results orientated;
- Proactive, can-do work attitude;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- A sound understanding of ERP processes, contract management would be beneficial.
- Strong office system skills (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Work from home
Smart Electronics treats COVID-19 regulations very carefully and applies all necessary measures for the healthy and safe work environment.
- Purchasing: 2 years (preferred)
Company: Smart Electronics –
Company Location: Grove