Engineer (Night Shift) Job at Rachels dairy in Aberystwyth
Job Title: Engineer (Night Shift)
Hours 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern Sunday – Thursday Night Shift 22.00 – 06.30
Rachel’s is an organic dairycompany based in Aberystwyth, Wales. Founded by local farmers we were the UK’s first certified organic dairy. We are now proud to be part of Lactalis, the largest dairy products group in the world.
As part of the Engineering Team reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that plant, machinery and equipment are capable of meeting the day-to-day Company needs. This includes planned preventative maintenance, machine modifications, machine breakdowns and plant improvements.
Working in a clean and responsible manner, constantly monitoring production machinery and affecting repairs to all services with in production areas. With an eye for detail and a procative appraoch to troubleshooting, you will be required to work with minimal supervision and to work flexibly on occasion to meet operational needs.
- Responsible for ensuring all tasks are carried out in the allocated work area, done so in a manner to protect safety and quality in accordance with the Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS), which encompasses HACCP, requirements of BRC, ISO22000 and Organic certification.
- Responsible for monitoring equipment to ensure that there is no potential risk to food product safety, or Health & Safety and for reporting any defects should they occur.
- At the direction of the Maintenance Manager undertake repairs to plant, machinery and equipment specified CMMS or whilst in the production area.
- Undertake routine maintenance of boilers, heat pasteuriser and processors as required, operating within Health and Safety regulations and manufacturer’s guidelines and warranties.
- Undertake basic plumbing repairs.
- In conjunction with other colleagues ensure there is adequate stock of spares.
- Undertake basic fabrication and pipe work duties as required.
- Maintain the personal knowledge of various items of equipment.
- Undertake a range of routine tasks associated with fixtures and fittings around the Dairy.
- Maintain records as necessary.
Skills we need
You will need to demonstrate a high level of competence against the following profile. This is a physically demanding post.
- City & Guilds in electrical and/or mechanical engineering
- Fabrication skills
- FMCG environment (essential)
- Food manufacturing (desirable)
- Shift work
- Machine maintenance
- MS Office
- Manufacturing plant and machinery
- Food Safety
- Team worker
- Problem solver
- Decision maker
- Record keeper
- Self Motivated
- Not afraid to challenge
Salary and Incentives
We offer a competitive benefits package including;
- Competitive Salary encompassing shift allowance.
- 33 days’ holiday
- Life insurance (3 x annual salary)
- Generous company sick pay
- Pension (Employer 5%, employee 3% contribution)
- Medical cash plan cover
- Free on-site parking
Rachels is an equal opportunities employer
No agencies please
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To keep our staff safe, we use face masks, practice social distancing, use hand sanitisers and have regular hygeine cleaning programs.
Company: Rachels dairy
Company Location: Aberystwyth