Engineer – Battery Systems Job at Williams Grand Prix Engineering Ltd. – in Grove
Overview: Williams Advanced Engineering are currently looking to recruit an Engineer – Battery Systems, this is a key role where the successful Individual will support the technical delivery of battery projects within WAE – working across different teams to achieve this. It is preferable that this individual will already have a broad understanding of HV batteries allowing them to work with a cross functional team of engineers delivering whole battery design and supporting discussions with customers at both technical and management levels.
Duties will be wide ranged and varied and will include working with assigned project managers, this person will support the technical delivery of multiple battery projects involving those within the Battery Systems and Electrical teams and those in other disciplines who are working to deliver design and engineering support.
Other duties include:
Clear communication to ensure co-ordination of the engineering teams involved in meeting the battery requirements
- Supporting design reviews, FMEA activities, DVP etc.
- Assisting technology alignment tasks
- Development of technology roadmaps
- Assisting in the development of functional safety plans and documentation ensuring that batteries are capable of appropriate certification levels
- Documentation and dissemination of project requirements within the battery team
- Ensuring that customer’s requirements are understood across the projects involved.
- Working with the engineering teams support the establishment of production and test procedures and practices which will aim progressively towards developing a robust solution to the agreed specification.
- Leadership of IP identification and protection to pass to our legal & IP teams
Knowledge or experience in the following would be advantageous:
Understanding of Lithium Ion batteries
- Broad understanding of underlying technologies, sensitivities and techniques in lithium ion batteries
- Experience of product design and development approaches and techniques
- Familiarity with design for manufacture
- Strong organisational and planning capabilities
- Good engineering degree in a relevant discipline
- Adaptability in working across a number of projects on a daily basis
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree in a relevant engineering discipline or in job experience and the ability to work flexibly to strict deadlines
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career within a high profile and varied position within Williams Advanced Engineering.
Closing date: 16th August 2021.
Williams Advanced Engineering Limited is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion, we are therefore happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments where required.
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Williams Grand Prix Engineering Ltd. –
Company Location: Grove