Engineer Job at BorgWarner – in Gillingham
The position is within a diverse test facility team, responsible for supporting testing in terms of fuel injection development, validation and new technologies. The current scope of the facility includes engine test cells, climatic chambers, thermal vibration rigs, hydraulic rigs and a test vehicle garage. The successful person must be able to adapt and be part of the changing world of propulsion, having an open and enquiring mind across a diverse facility.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include, but are not limited to:–
- Be part of a diverse testing team.
- Advanced test setup – hardware / software
- Writing and editing test programs
- High level data manipulation
- Good communication skills
- Writing, editing and debugging test programs
- Manipulating hardware and software to meet the requested parameters
- Fault finding in terms of test facility and product
- Monitoring of tests / in test interventions
- Data capture and fault reporting to internal customer base
- Calibration support of the test facility
- Instrumentation set-up and maintenance
- Working with the internal customer base to meet the given project expectations
- Working to given priorities
- Maintain test in given test parameters
- In test conformance checks (Validation / Endurance)
- RISK asessment technology deployment
- Work instruction creation
- Work in a safe manner observing safety protocols for the given area
- Work to the given processes (documented)
- Advanced test facility understanding
- Maintain test tracking / status process.
- Instrumentation installation skills
- Knowledge of fuel injection system functionality
- Instrumentation set-up / operational skills
- Data acquisition / manipulation skills
- Computer (MS office) skills
- Test equipment programming (AVL Puma / National Instruments) / editing skills / Mat Lab
- Engine function understanding
- Hydraulic test rig function understanding
- Engine test bed understanding
- Good communication skills
- RISK assessment skills
- Coaching / training skills
- Calibration skills
- Problem solving skills
- Resource supervision – key people.
- Leadership skills
- Machine commissioning skills.
- Presentation skills
Engineering based degree
In a complementatry field
- Results driven.
- Team player
- Trust builder.
- Effective communicator.
- Decision maker.
- Treat colleagues with respect (Equality & Diversity).
In addition to the above requirements, the person must comply with all BorgWarner Policies and Procedures relevant to the role and follow the BorgWarner beliefs; Inclusion, Integrity, Excellence, Responsibility and Collaboration.
This Job description outlines the duties required, it is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the Line Manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. Flexibility is required from all job holders.
Company: BorgWarner –
Company Location: Gillingham