Electrician Job at Beacon Hospital – in Dublin, County Dublin
Located in South Dublin, Beacon Hospital is one of the most advanced private hospitals in Europe, with over 1700 Consultants, nurses and healthcare professionals. Beacon Hospital provides 24 hour, world-class acute care services including orthopaedics, physiotherapy, cardiology, women’s health, urology, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, plastic & reconstructive surgery, ENT, neurology, general surgery, comprehensive cancer care and emergency medicine.
Overall Purpose of Job
To provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the centre of all we do.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Assemble, install, test electrical circuits and equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem in a timely manner.
- Connect cables to fittings and accessories in compliance with electrical codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and National Regulations.
- Prepare/follow drawings to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Carry out weekly and Annual Generator(s) testing.
- Install, Commission, and fault find on IP CCTV systems.
- Fault find/repair Fire alarm system.
- Fault find/repair Access Control.
- Fault find/repair Motor control circuits.
- Knowledge of working with BMS software, CCTV software and Access Control software.
- Carry out emergency light testing.
- Perform basic administration duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Assist contractors with access and permits.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, and driving needed vehicles.
- Assist with Code Red/Code Grey emergencies
- Assist other Facilities Department trades
Fully qualified electrician (4 years post apprenticeship)
- Installation Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- BMS Proficiency in BMS (Trend) system an advantage
- Troubleshooting Determining causes of operating errors and deciding how to repair it in a timely manner
- Equipment Selection Determining the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Repairing Repairing machines or systems using the correct tools.
- Judgment & Decision Making Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Job Specific Competencies and Knowledge
- English Language Essential
- Customer & Personal Service Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
All posts in Beacon Hospital require a high level of flexibility to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service. Therefore, the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility as and when required by their manager or hospital management.
Under the Hospital’s Health & Safety risk assessment, Beacon Hospital requires that all Employees, Consultants and Contractors that can receive a Covid 19 vaccination must do so in order to exercise their roles in a safe manner, and minimise the risk of endangering their own health, the health of patients, or the health of those that they work with.
“Beacon Hospital is an equal opportunity employer; we ensure that our practices support a diverse and inclusive environment for all present and future employees”
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Company: Beacon Hospital –
Company Location: Dublin, County Dublin