Electrical Systems Engineer Job at Hitachi Rail Limited – in Doncaster
(HRE) Doncaster Business Innovation Centre
Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category):
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail
business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
Hitachi Rail Limited are currently recruiting for an Electrical Systems Engineer to join our team in Doncaster. You will be working as a part of our service and maintenance engineering department, reporting to the Senior Electrical Systems Engineer.
In this exciting new role, you will be responsible for providing electrical engineering support, on assigned Electrical / Electronic Systems, to the various Hitachi fleets of trains.
Working as part of the Service and Maintenance Central Engineering team, the successful applicant will:
- Be responsible for an assigned set of electrical systems (where possible, the systems will be assigned appropriate to existing experience, while bearing in mind the skill set of the other members of the team, too);
- Provide detailed engineering analysis of any in-service issues identified on the assigned systems, and work towards containment of the issue, root cause analysis, and subsequent long-term corrective action;
- Write clear, detailed technical reports on any investigations carried out, including details of subsequent actions and any recommendations;
- Support technical teams at depots in respect of the assigned systems;
- Progress corrective actions through the Change Approval Process, ready for implementation on the appropriate fleets, to include appropriate documentation and evidence;
- Support relevant hardware and software development, as appropriate;
- Assist as needed in the creation or amendment of documents for maintenance and overhaul activities of the assigned systems;
- Occasionally support engineering work on systems beyond the assigned set;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with suppliers as appropriate to the issues under investigation;
- Follow and, where appropriate, assist in the development of relevant procedures to ensure smooth progression of work;
- Develop a good working relationship with the Engineers in the Project Engineering team based in Holborn, London, who are responsible for trains before service delivery;
- Develop a good working relationship with Hitachi colleagues in Mito, Japan;
- Support learning and development within the Service and Maintenance team, including the development of new and Graduate Engineers;
- Ensure adequate levels of Health, Safety and Environmental concerns are maintained in all aspects of their work and in accordance with company policies.
Key Skills & Experience
- Engineering degree, or the ability to demonstrate degree level working for 5+ years.
- Excellent knowledge of a selection of electrical systems, both technically and operationally.
- Comfortable with ‘hands on’ engineering for on-train investigations when needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to clear targets and deliverables, and within a tight project support environment.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Good English written skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Commitment to working as part of a team.
- Commitment to the effective implementation of equal opportunities policies.
- Sound understanding of health and safety requirements in a practical working environment.
- Experience in the Railway Industry.
- Knowledge of the UK Railway Operations and Engineering Safety Management System.
- Yellow Book Course and/or Common Safety Method Course, or similar.
- Chartered, or working towards Chartered status.
Applications from candidates of any level of relevant experience will be considered. The right person for the team will be given training and support to suit their experience.
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 18th May 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Hitachi Rail Limited –
Company Location: Doncaster