Electrical Design Engineer – HV Validation and Testing Systems Jobs in Blyth – England at Jobswipe
Title: Electrical Design Engineer – HV Validation and Testing Systems
Location: Blyth – England
Type: Full Time
Category: Electronics, Engineering
COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
This is an excellent opportunity with a World leader and a UK leading technology innovation business, focused on wind, wave and tidal energy. We are currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to play a key role in maintenance and development of High Voltage Testing and Validation Systems and Facilities/Infrastructure. Working with a multi-disciplined team you will develop, prove and de-risk promising new technologies and bring them to market.
As a key member of the Engineering Team, within Test Validation, the role will ensure the development and delivery of the research projects, programmes and tests, ensuring they are underpinned by robust, expert and sustainable engineering processes, procedures and capability. You will be accountable for developing and managing the electrical infrastructure of the test facilities and assets, as well as the integration of client devices for testing, whilst offering technical leadership/support for the electrical (HV, MV, and LV) requirements for testing and asset projects.
KEY DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide electrical specification, design, installation, testing and commissioning knowledge where necessary to the commercial operations and research activities including testing, design, development, tender preparation, budget preparation, sub-contract management and customer interface.
* Perform primary and secondary electrical design of a range of equipment including substations, transformers, switchgear and protection.
* Maintain currency of knowledge of latest renewable and other relevant technologies
* Manage and develop the electrical installation and design requirements within the facilities to ensure testing processes meet customer requirements and accreditation standards
* Responsible for ensuring the setup of customer test pieces and supporting equipment / systems within the facilities are to the required standards
* Support the application of the test process to a give project plan to customers’ expectations
* Improve processes and systems and proactively create them where needed and do not exist to ensure all company activities (research and commercial) operate in line with, or above, industry good practice
* Fulfil role or representative for engineering activities within a project team to develop and deliver projects, programmes, testing and test facility development and their associated deliverables
* Experience of working in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 environments
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Preferably educated to BEng (hons) level Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent e.g. HND/HNC in a suitable engineering discipline (Chartered Engineer or equivalent would be beneficial)
* Experience of HV distribution systems and associated equipment including convertors and drives
* Experience of cabling for HV/LV projects and substantial experience of electrical, mechanical and electronic systems.
* Ability to organise and deliver diagnostic activities on electrical, mechanical, electronic, instrumentation and identify the root cause of issues.
* Knowledge of ePlan, CAD, AMTECH and 17th Edition wiring regulations would be beneficial
Role: Electrical Design Engineer – HV Validation and Testing Systems
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Blyth, Northumberland,
Apply for this job now.