Early Years Practitioner – Level 3 Job at Humpty Dumpty’s Day Nursery – Bolton in Bolton
Position: Early Years Practitioner – Level 3 for Humpty Dumpty’s Nursery in Bolton.
Hours of work 37.5 hours a week
Your responsibilities will be as follows, which will be to:
- Enhance children’s self esteem and learning by:
– Praising and encouraging
– Promoting positive images of all people through displays, activities and general behaviour.
– Remaining attentive to what they say and introducing additional equipment to extend
- Assist in day to day nursery duties such as setting out and putting away appropriate activities/equipment.
- Recording children’s achievements and any concerns and passing the latter onto the nursery supervisor/manager.
- Recording daily information for parents such as activities involved in, what eaten etc and informing of progress and listening to and recording relevant information from them.
- Undertake individual education plans (I.E.P’S) on their key worker children.
- Update children’s records in their key worker group.
- Assist in planning and carrying out their responsibilities.
- Carry out singing, dancing and circle activities.
- To be enthusiastic and creative.
- Work as part of a team by contributing ideas and being prepared to take on others roles as needed.
- Help with the preparation of snacks, taking into consideration healthy eating.
- Ensure personal duties are carried out.
- Help pack away equipment using safe lifting and handling methods.
- To ensure you stay until the finishing time.
- That children are safe at all times by checking for any potential hazards in the nursery and play ground and by ensuring all equipment and toys are safe and clean.
- Adhere to all the nursery policies.
- To sometimes take on a supervisory role, which will involve:
– Opening and closing
– Risk assessments
– Contingency plans
– Monitoring of ratios
– Marking attendance sheets
– Dealing with accidents and incidents away from nursery.
– Reporting of any problems
– Taking snack money and receipting.
Please note that responsibilities may change from time to time and that you will be expected to have some flexibility to help the nursery meet the needs of the children.
Person specification for Nursery Practitioner
It is our aim to provide high standards of childcare, where children are encouraged, praised and empowered to become self actualised, independent and happy individuals.
All people are welcome to apply who meet the essential criteria and who feel they are able to meet the above aim.
- Must hold a level 3 qualification in childcare.
- Have relevant experience in a childcare setting.
- Experience of planning and evaluating activities in relation to
The new EYFS for children aged 0-5 years.
- Experience of keeping individual records on key children.
- To be able to assist in nursery duties, such as setting out,
Maintaining equipment and clearing away.
- Work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- To be able to work under own initiative.
- Paediatric first aid which is in date.
- DBS clearance and satisfactory references from 2 people.
- Safeguarding certificate
- Food hygiene
Reference ID: HD-B-L3EP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Our Covid policy and procedures are available upon request.
- Childcare: 1 year (Required)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)
Company: Humpty Dumpty’s Day Nursery – Bolton
Company Location: Bolton