Early Years Practitioner Job at Happy nest nursery in London
Brief description about the employer:
Happy Nest Nursery was established in 1984. It caters for children 6months – 5 years. We are open 8:30-5:30 48 weeks a year.
Happy Nest Nursery is dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable environment where children can explore at their own pace through play. The promotion of group activities, individual play and quite time encourage development in the areas of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development while allowing for the opportunity to foster a positive self-image. Our program offers many play and learning materials that encourage the children’s ability to make choices and to learn creatively.
· Work under the guidance of the Team Leader and colleagues, in order to support and extend the children’s learning.
· Contribute own thoughts and ideas to termly, weekly, daily plans and Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
· Prepare the learning environment, assisting in the organisation of the room arrangement and resources.
· Take responsibility for a small group of children for varying types of activity.
· Support children who are identified as having Special Educational Needs (SEN), or English as an Additional Language (EAL), by organising the implementation of IEPs set by other professionals.
· Encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills.
· Observe children’s activities and contribute to their written records.
· Work in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and reach their potential.
· Maintain respectful and genuine interaction with children using warm and responsive communication strategies, which are appropriate to children’s needs.
· Be supportive and welcoming to parents, recognizing the expert knowledge they have of their children and encourage and value their involvement
Application deadline: 15/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £7,000.00-£12,000.00 per year
Taking necessary precautions
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
Company: Happy nest nursery
Company Location: London