Early Years Educator with SEND experience/interest Job at Dottie Tots Nursery School in Farnham
Dottie Tots Nursery School is expanding and we are looking to recruit inspirational people to join our amazing team in Bentley, Close to Farnham, Alton and Bordon.
This is a new position to primarily support children with additional needs and to support those who require extra support to reach their full potential.
Hours of work are full time with one afternoon off each week.
There is also a requirement to undertake further training, to support your own professional development and to our ongoing commitment to deliver an exceptional standard of education at our school.
Please call or email our Nursery Manager Sophie for more information and to request an application pack
Or get in touch via our website www.dottietots.co.uk
Dottie Tots Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
Main Purpose of the Position
To work as a key person as part of our nursery team under the direction of the manager. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending our setting.
This role does not directly supervise other employees; however, supervisory responsibility may be given for temporarily assigned students or work experience placements.
1. To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance.
2. To set up for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
3. To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
4. To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
5. To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
6. To take action to support the setting to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating at the next inspection.
7. To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
8. To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
9. To support meal times within the setting.
10. To actively participate at team meetings, supervision meetings and appraisal meetings.
11. To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for personal development.
To attend 12 in-house training sessions per annum. These will take place on a Friday and exact dates will be arranged in advance and with plenty of notice.
13. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
14. To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting.
15. To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
16. To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager. The post holder is also expected to be flexible and adaptable in their approach to fulfilling their duties.
A genuine interest in SEND.
Willingness to learn and undertake further training.
Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining further qualifications.
If your level 3 qualification was obtained after 1 September 2014 – relevant numeracy and literacy qualification is required. For practitioners who started their full and relevant qualification before 1 September 2014 a numeracy and literacy qualification is desirable.
Previous experience of working with young children.
Sound knowledge of child development from birth to five years.
Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
Good communication skills.
An understanding of play-based approaches to children’s learning and development.
A commitment to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding.
A commitment to equal opportunities.
A commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
A friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
Experience of working with children with additional needs.
Evidence of CPD
Current Paediatric First Aid qualification
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Reference ID: DOTSENDL3
Contract length: 8 months
Expected start date: 04/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £17,000.00 per year
To keep our children and employees safe we are following guidance from Hampshire County Council and carry out rigorous risk assessments in accordance with the the latest government guidance.
- Childcare: 1 year (Required)
Company: Dottie Tots Nursery School
Company Location: Farnham